Green Nature

fabster

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's a shot i took in Portugal, dont know where i should crop it...or just leave it and mess with the contrast

P8050126-copy.jpg

Hi Fabster and welcome to ThePhotoForum :D

This photo is mildly overexposed.
The scene is nice, but the blown out part of the front wall of the pool is ... well too blown out (totally glaring, no longer showing any detail at all).

You can, of course, try to work on this photo in a post processing programme, and if that programme offers you the option to work on different part of the picture selectively (such as by means of the lasso tool in Photoshop), you can try to bring out different areas differently - and you could even try to tone down the glaring areas at the front.

Once that is done, you might find that composition as such is not bad, albeit not dazzling, either, it is a classic view of a beautiful scene and I would possibly have taken a photo of this scene in a similar manner.

All in all, I feel there is a lot more in this photo (contrast and colourwise) than meets the eye just now and if you let me work on it a little, I might show you what I mean by selectively working on areas to bring out the wonderfully sunlit greens and the reflection in the pool.

thanks alot!:) i'll message you about the editing!

yea a lot of sun there, here is an updated version:

fabsterp8050126copymyedit1.jpg

Good job. Maybe a little darker on the top of the wall and the cutout.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back