What's new

Green Peas-Paneer-Coconut Fry(Yummi)

Frequency

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Oct 17, 2010
Messages
8,864
Reaction score
683
Location
Calicut, Kerala,India
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my special dish for all of you :sexywink:
Recipe:
Fresh Frozen Green Peas-200g
Paneer -200gram
Coconut sliced- from one full coconut
Vegetable Cooking oil: 3 or 4 table spoon
One heap full of chilli powder(adjust as per your tolerance)
Turmeric powder: few pinches
Salt: To taste

How to ...

Green peas, coconut slices are smeared with 3/4 th (chilli powder, turmeric powder,and salt) and keep for 15 minutes. In the meanwhile smear paneer pieces also with 1/4th of the (chilli powder, turmeric powder,and salt)and keep this for 5 minutes. Heat two table spoon full of vegetable cooking oil in a pan and roast the green piece mixture until peas lose its raw taste and the mixture turns reddish brown. Now heat dressed paneer with one table spoon oil, until its surface turns brown. Now mix the two and stir for a few minutes. may add little more oil if you find it too dry. transfer to serving dish....
This is a really delicious preparation. How many chappathi you will take with this, i cannot predict
Happy Eating :D
Chef Nand ;)



Regards :D
 
Love the recipe. Have been cooking very little.Wife having surgery this week. But I did make a great Amish maccaroni salad.. and i don't like mac salad
but this one is a can't stop eatin. Let me know if you want and i'll post it. later Ed
 
Ok, we have several good Indian shops nearby, they'll have the paneer and fresh coconut. The other ingredients we've got. And at least one of the shop has good Nan bread. So thank you, Nandakumar, now I can surprise my beloved with something we both love.
 
Love the recipe. Have been cooking very little.Wife having surgery this week. But I did make a great Amish maccaroni salad.. and i don't like mac salad
but this one is a can't stop eatin. Let me know if you want and i'll post it. later Ed

Why not, sir? i would defenitely love to have that and give a try ;)
Regards :D
 
Ok, we have several good Indian shops nearby, they'll have the paneer and fresh coconut. The other ingredients we've got. And at least one of the shop has good Nan bread. So thank you, Nandakumar, now I can surprise my beloved with something we both love.

Please try that Paulo..... please lemme know the results....

All the Best :D
 
Nandakumar, I haven't tried nor cooked any Indian food but you are inspiring me to try with your recipes!
 
Looks good minus the peas ..I hate peas, not even one. So i will try to make this with some other vegetable. Thanks for posting it.... love Indian food ...I buy some frozen Indian foods that are real good to eat at home
 
My younger brother just married an Indian girl and he's now getting a lot of homemade Indian food. We LOVE it!

I am going to try this recipe. Just need to find a good local Indian market. :mrgreen:
 
Looks yummy! I will have to try it... although I might do some Tandoori chicken on the side.. lol!
 
I'm kinda spoiled in Montreal - we have many very good Indian restaurants catering to the expat community, and my wife and I regularly go to several. There's also a take-out shop that makes really good Chappathis, and usually I order 24 or 36 at a time. For some reason, they never seem to last more than a couple of days.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom