Reaction score
Website
azrou2008.over-blog.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hector-verdier-copie-1.jpg

verdier-carduelis.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! Now that's up close and personal! Nice shots.

Wow, awesome shot! I like the first the best.

that is an impressing pic

We once had a very tame green finch in our garden as well. But we think he was so tame because he was dazed, had accidentally flown against the window pane, maybe...
If_you're_interested...

thanks anubis404, jv17, xtort and Lafoto for your comments.

Yes xtort, I was the one who posted the bird portrait (I think that the title was also "greenfinch portrait"). this portrait was taken with anather lens; I like it like I took it; but you should watch Lafoto's picture, it will look nicer for you, there is less unused space!

To Lafoto: nice portrait! come to see my photoblog if you want, there are more photos of him, and that is the same story as yours! (you can translate in english or german)
This greenfinch shocked his head onto a window, then was'nt able to fly again (and it was -5°C)! So he stayed 3 weeks in my appartment and started to fly again, so I gave him freedom last week-end, after these lasts portraits! He's now fine and free

Je ne sais pas bien lire en français ... :( Pourquoi n'est pas en espagnol ton blog... (Ay, this was from my memory ... dug out from High School French 35 years ago :oops: )

Je ne sais pas bien lire en français ... :( Pourquoi n'est pas en espagnol ton blog... (Ay, this was from my memory ... dug out from High School French 35 years ago :oops: )

:wink:
good french!

the blog is in french because no habla espanol, and ich kann nicht ein gut deutsch sprechen.. French people are not good for foreign languages!!

But in the main page of my photoblog, there is a tool to translate in different foreign languages. It's called "yahoo Babelfish" in the column on your right. It's not a very good translation tool, but it can help!
And most of my photos are just posted without any text, so that's international!

Both good shots.
Agree on the useless space on the top. The second one's DOF is to shallow and it's taking away from the birds face with a big OOF beak.

I like the unused space. It keeps the birds size in perspective. I like the first shot best, but they're both very good.

thanks matt-i, flashbackpat and impressme !

Yes, the DOF should have been wider, but I would have lost some speed, so it was difficult for me (I just started using a reflex camera since beginning of january, and had the lens for 2 days!.. but i'll try to progress :wink:)
your different opininons about the unused space show that it's difficult to fill with everyone's taste!

another photo, hiden behind a leaf:

greenfinch-portrait.jpg

that is a nice pic

Most reactions

Back