Greetings from the Pacific NW

fischerfotographik

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Greetings one and all :)
I'm one of those Native Oregonians - born and raised in Portland - webbed toes and high water marks.
I've was bitten by the photography bug when I was about 9 years old, watching my father develop pictures in his darkroom, which took up over half the space in our basement.
I did the 'normal' things an aspiring photographer would do growing up - took pictures for the yearbook, did a stint as a teacher's aide for the beginning photography class, took pictures of family (one picture is over 15 years old and my parents still display it :mrgreen:).
I've decided to "take the plunge" and make a living doing what I love. Translated, that means I'm doing a lot of TFP/TFCD work :lol: while making money to live by working at a 'job' (vs a career).
The hard part, I've found, is the networking and exposure, but I have no intention of giving up.
Surprisingly, a local photographer, who has also been/is a model offered her 20 yrs of expertise behind and in front of the camera. Can't go wrong there!
I've picked up a lot of good info from this forum and decided to finally register and stop lurking anonymously.
Okay, enough rambling (I'm a talker when I get involved with something that interests me, or I feel passionate about, obviously), I've got forum posts to read....

Welcome to the forum...or to the member side anyway. Sounds like you will fit in around here :D

Welcome aboard!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back