Grip Question

eccs19

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I'm looking at a camera to go with my lenses, and the guy also has a grip to go with it. Now I know that batteries go into the grip, but do they work with the batteries in the body for extended use? I've never used a grip, so I'm not really sure what advantage there is to having one.

A grip can hold two batteries, so you get twice the shooting time without changing them. Most grips can also use AA batteries, which can be handy if you are travelling and unable to charge your lithium batteries. A grip will usually have a second shutter release button and control dial so that you can turn the camera to portrait orientation and not have to contort your wrist to keep shooting. A grip increases the 'grip' on the camera body, making it easier to handle and feel more balanced when using larger lenses.

Also about the battery thing, no there is no battery inside of the body, there is a piece of the grip that is battery shape and has terminals on it, it goes inside of ur body. The battery door disconnects from the body so its out of the way. Mine has a small pocker in the grip to pu the small door. It has a magazine that holds 2 batteries and my camera works off 2 batteries instead of 1.
I have the Canon XTi and the name of my battery grip is Canon BG-E3

Canon%20BG-E3%20280.jpg

I am thinking about the MBD200 for my D200 and for the reasons Mike said:)

Most reactions

Back