Grizzly Bear

Aloicious

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.photographywild.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So my wife and I were out at the Tetons last week, but since we couldn't get into the park, we wandered around the forest to the east of the park and found this young Grizzly Bear feeding on some vegetation. My first wild bear :D

bear2_zpsb2b91521.jpg~original

bear1_zps1d389016.jpg~original

I wanted to go pet him, y'know, if he wasn't going to chew my face off if I tried hehe

Those are excellent, especially for your first time.

I would have been so nervous, the picture would have been out of focus! these are very nice captures, what a catch!

Thanks! yeah first time with a wild bear, sometimes I forget how much easier (relatively) land-wildlife is to shoot compared to birds and BIF, well in a general sense...

he really couldn't have cared less that we were there. I'm still combing through the images so I may have a few more to post, I was probably there shooting him for like 20 mins straight, but he kept turning away from the camera, so I have a lot of bear butt pics :lol:

these were both with a D800E and a bare (heh) 300 f2.8 VR1

Whoa. Very nice. Love that first one. They do look kinda cuddly don't they?

Nice- glad you didn't get to close. We have a black bear issue on the rise and we've all been warned to stay away. Especially if they are young since mom isn't too far off.

Very nice! for sure show more if you have them.

So I can picture this situation a bit better in my head...How far do you figure you were away from this fella?

A 300mm is still pretty close for a Bear. Nice shots and good job not becoming lunch.

Super shots. Love everything. About them. Being old everything reminds me of a story, so here it is.guy says he was chased by a bear. His friend say how'd you get away. Fella say, Every time the bear would get close, it would slip and fall down. His friend says, I would have pooped myself. Fella says. What do you think caused that bear to slip and fall down.

Excellent shots, I envy you being able to see one and get the shot. If it had been me, taking a picture would likely not have been on my mind at the time :)

Thanks everyone! My wife and I were stoked to see him too.

So I can picture this situation a bit better in my head...How far do you figure you were away from this fella?

he was wandering around digging up vegetation to eat, and was around 30-75 feet away (we were shooting from inside the car though, I'm used to using the car as a blind with shooting birds), he's a little further in #1, and a little closer in #2, but #2 is also more of a crop too. in fact I had my 1.7x TC on and had to take it off because 500mm was too much.

Very nice. Grizzlys on my list.

Very cool! I will be very happy if I never wander upon a bear in the wild..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back