Group 1 C&C track day pans

CyclonePWR

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Did a track day this weekend with my car. I didnt get to shoot long since I was driving but here are some shoots I was able to get in between.

I was trying to get panning down, tried a few combos to see what would to turn out best. I tried slower SS but than the cars would just come out really blurry. Most use 200 ISO bc I used high tone priority on the camera since it was a gloomy day. On the last two however the sun came out more. All shoot with the 55-250mm 4.0-5.6 IS.

3721607720_e12afcee72_b.jpg

Exposure: 0.013 sec (1/80)
Aperture: f/7.1
Focal Length: 90 mm
ISO Speed: 200

3720785951_af8cfb0ce8_b.jpg

Exposure: 0.033 sec (1/30)
Aperture: f/14.0
Focal Length: 74 mm

3721608270_f7f9cd8651_b.jpg

Exposure: 0.04 sec (1/25)
Aperture: f/14.0
Focal Length: 90 mm
ISO Speed: 100

3721607230_7b0e0276af_b.jpg

Exposure: 0.017 sec (1/60)
Aperture: f/6.3
Focal Length: 116 mm

Thanks for looking!

these are pretty good technically but in terms of composition the one that really strikes me is the second, plus i really love that car!

i remember when i first tried panning with my tele. it was so disappointing until i realized i should turn VR off... after that it was alright!

these are pretty good technically but in terms of composition the one that really strikes me is the second, plus i really love that car!

i remember when i first tried panning with my tele. it was so disappointing until i realized i should turn VR off... after that it was alright!

LOL well thats good to know and makes perfect sense. I had the IS on.:lol:

I like #2 the most also.

Ditto on #2, very nice.:thumbup:

Nice pans, 1/22 is very respectable! Sorry to be boring but I like #2 the best also, I think the others are slightly over exposed and lacking contrast, but with slight pp tweaks I think they would be just at good as #2.

Nice pans, 1/22 is very respectable! Sorry to be boring but I like #2 the best also, I think the others are slightly over exposed and lacking contrast, but with slight pp tweaks I think they would be just at good as #2.

You know I turned the contrast up in PP, so you think even more?

Also maybe someone can help me out with this. I been having this problem when I print them in the lab they always turn out dark. I tried several different labs and its the same problem even though my screen is calibrated and the histogram looks fine. They come out like they are a stop of light too dark. So now I just post production them too look a little brighter.

I read other posts with similar problem and people just said its normal?? But I never had this problem when I used to use my canon PS. They printed very close to what it looked like on my screen.

I should find out who's car that was in #2 and send them the photo.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back