What's new

Group shots - My 3 Sugar Gliders

Dao

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Mar 24, 2008
Messages
6,427
Reaction score
462
Location
St. Louis
- 7D
- EF 50mm f/1.4 at f/10
- 1/200
- ISO200
- Manual flash on hotshoe fired bounce off ceiling
- Yogurt drop for getting their attention
- Background is their sleeping pouch
- Time : Wake them up around 7-8pm so that they were still a little sleepy and don't run or gliding around inside their cage.

8648760385_16b331276f_h.jpg
 
Last edited:
What the holy hell are those? They're eating my soul with their eyeeeessss..................

:lol:
 
Is that one on the right that much darker? He looks like he doesn't have as much light on him.

(very cute, btw)
 
Yes, they are marsupials and originate from the Australia area. They are quite fun to be around. The one on the left and middle are girls while the one on the right is a boy. They are about 8-9 months old I think. We got them last summer when they were 8 weeks old. Yes, the boy (on the right) is darker and the Sugar Glider community call this type of glider "Black Beauty" And the middle one and the right one came from the same family and are brother and sister while the left one is from another family and is couple weeks younger.

All three of them have their own personality. We are still bonding with them, they do not afraid of us anymore and have no problem glide/jump/walk around our shoulders, arms or even head (inside a pop-up tent).
 
Last edited:
What the holy hell are those? They're eating my soul with their eyeeeessss..................

:lol:

Their eyesssssss are big since they are nocturnal. However, when mealworms are around, they don't care whether it is day or night. LOL :D
 
:lol: thanks to you I lost a good 1/2 hour reading up on those guys.
 
I read this and felt a tinge of happiness that I am not a male sugar glider.
"The Male has a bifurcated penis which means it is divided in two, and can sometimes be
seen protruding from it's bottom
• Males can be identified by the presence of a scrotum, on babies will look like a little wart."

I do not have a bifurcated penis, I hope nothing can be seen protruding from my bottom and no, a wart is not how one would describe my scrotum - not that that topic of discussion is often bandied about.
 
Awhh these are so cute. I love the photo. And I love the fact they're from Australia! Although, I've never heard of keeping them as pets before.
 
I do not have a bifurcated penis, I hope nothing can be seen protruding from my bottom and no, a wart is not how one would describe my scrotum - not that that topic of discussion is often bandied about.

But thanks for clearing that up none the less.

;)
 
Ok they are beyond too freakin' cute! Great shot and wonderful friends!!
I could never own one (let alone three!) I would NEVER get anything done, I'd be too busy playing with them!!
 
I love sugar gliders! They aren't legal in my state, or I'd have one. <3 These guys are so adorable!
 
Ok they are beyond too freakin' cute! Great shot and wonderful friends!!
I could never own one (let alone three!) I would NEVER get anything done, I'd be too busy playing with them!!

We do need to spend some times with them. Once in awhile, we will put them in a bonding pouch (while they are sleeping) and we carry the bonding pouch around. That is good for bonding. As for number of sugar gliders, it is much better to have 2 or more of them living together. They do not like to live alone. A Sugar Glider that live alone may depress and/or develop aggressive behavior. People who bond well with their sugar gliders were able to take them out without worry about they run away.

So far, they are better than our hedgehog and hamster because of the interaction, but of course, our dog still better.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom