Growing Up Chinatown | 24-70 Test Run | Street Portrait

Austin Greene

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.austingreenephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yesterday, I went out into the streets of SF with a friend to really put the new Canon 24-70 f/2.8L II through its paces. On our second pass of the Chinatown fish market, I looked into a shallow alleyway and noticed this open door, with a brother and sister sitting at the base of it. What followed was probably one of the best portraits I've ever taken, right at the moment she turned to notice me in the street.

Between the sharpness (even wide open) and the wonderfully useful distortion, I am absolutely loving this lens.

Hope you like the photo!

Growing Up
by TogaLive, on Flickr

Last edited:
really lovely shot, her face is so great, then then the brother and stairs, we want to follow those stairs, very cool, great detail via in the link

beautiful! Prime example of the 24-70 in action

That sounds like a great lens, looks really sharp.
It is a really great photo! Good job! :)

really lovely shot, her face is so great, then then the brother and stairs, we want to follow those stairs, very cool, great detail via in the link

Thanks! It was certainly my favorite one of the day. From her face to her brother, it all just fits, and there aren't many of my shots I can say that about :)

beautiful! Prime example of the 24-70 in action
It is a fantastic lens! I'm excited to see how it changes my photography. I was certainly a bit bolder with it in hand.

That sounds like a great lens, looks really sharp.
It is a really great photo! Good job! :)

Thank you! Glad you like it! :)

When children become the focus of any photo it become agreat

Love this image. As you said, it works. It is a lot to look at with the faces, the stairs and....what is the little boy doing. I love that about this shot. Since you are not real thrilled with this lens, why don't you just send it to me? ;) ;)

Great shot! Love everything about it.

Good shot. I would have cropped it a little bit tighter.

Most reactions

Back