GRRRRRRRR why do i get hassled?!?!?!?!

captain-spanky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.higg.co.uk
Came to work on the bus this morning as my scooter had a flat tyre.
Sat towards the back of the bus and a group of about 7 asian lads started trying to get my attention by shouting something at me. I could tell they were calling me something in urdu so i just igrored them.. they carried on talking in urdu and laughing in my direction and generally making me feel very uncomfortable. Then they started throwing stuff at me - bus tickets, drinks bottle and a newspaper... and one of them said he felt sorry for me because "they were going to kick the f**k out of me when i get off"...
Luckily my stop was right at the end of the line, at the station and theirs was a couple of stops before ... but one of them couldn't resist giving my ankle a kick on his way past...

I've never seen these people before in my life and i'm nice to everyone i meet so WHY do i seem to attact all this abuse?!?!?!?!? what makes me an 'easy target'?
:( :( :(

thats horrible!!!!! ..... i dont think i could have had that much restraint ... somebody would have been fighting on that bus :x

Im sorry to hear that, you handled it really well for what its worth.

You know its funny that saying, what goes around comes around..they will get theirs im sure...just tell us where their bus stop was we will just happen to be waiting at it :wink: I have some new hockey gear I need to test out anyways...need to break the stick in ;)

morons travel in packs. 7 guys picking on ONE person is pathetic and i bet if any one of them had been alone with you they wouldn't have acted the way they did. i guess having their friends around makes them feel safer about acting like pricks.

about how old do you suppose these guys were?

if i were you though, i'd sit closer to the bus driver from now on. the back of the bus is the worst place to sit if you're at all concerned about being harassed.

You handled the situation very well. No matter how good of a fighter anyone is, fighting 7 people will not end well.

Unless your Jackie Chan, Dirty Harry, The Terminator, or Rambo, yeah it can't end well.....

Anyway this is a violent response LOL, don't read if your a nice person...

I was harrassed like that for a number of years, both in school and out, I resisted knowing i would get my ass kicked for many of them. One day started fighting back, i got my ass kicked every freaking time, but one or 2 of them were always bloodied in the process, i took great comfort in that, usually would make me laugh as i saw those pussies bleed, which in turn would usually get me alittle more ass kicking. I found in groups usually they will try and take you down to the ground with 1 or 2 of them, the longer you stay on your feet, the more ass whooping you can deal, get on the ground and its over. But to this day i am glad i did start fighting back, i couldn't live with the what if's anymore, it starts to wear on you when you do nothing.

My advice, find makeshift weapons, womens rape classes actually have great ideas about this LOL, i once used my keys sticking out of my fist to beat off 2 people, they got ****ed up (keys really hurt as they rip your face), they wanted to kick my ass so they could laugh about it later with their friends (who had kicked my ass). Luckily after that i got transferred to another school, so i didn't run into them again, cuz i am betting they would have thrashed my ass.

I would never advise someone to take on 7 people though, thats just dumb, one of those dirty bastards would prolly have some sort of weapon, and in a group they are more likely to use it.
Sit in the front of the bus if you must, or if they are harrassing you the bus driver if informed discreetly will have them removed by police at an upcoming stop, that however is usually harder to do.

This kind of story is a good arguement for vigilanty justice, you pack a 9mm on you, its got 15 shots, you see 7 usless pricks in your way, you got 2 shots for each, let the games begin! Make sure to ROAR as you waste those dickless muthas! It adds to the cinematic drama!

Again not recomending it, but if you had a ****ing black squirt gun on you, and you flash just the handle, you prolly would have sent their **** running down their leg, not to mention off that bus at the first stop.

Are you by any chance a bigger guy, not fat but just a big dude, people love to pick on the big "friendly giant" in groups, at least that was my problem. (i think)

Sorry this touched a personal nerve with me, i hate pussies, and i hate pussies in groups even more.

Okay, to continue dragging this off topic, what's the deal with people that try to sell religion door-to-door?!?! I got harrassed the other day in my own home by a bunch of baptists (no offense if anyone out there is baptist). They were standing right next to the big "No Soliciting" sign on my front door and asking me if I wanted to be saved. I said, "I'm Catholic, I'm already saved," and closed the door in their faces. :?

this one touched a nerve with me as well,

i didnt get picked on a lot as a kid, just by my dad and i refuse to be a victim ... im not the person to look for advice on this one either cause i would have gone down in a blaze of glory.

good-luck dude, dont run from these people.. they will smell your fear and continue to pick on u ... stand your ground ... dont be violent (if it can be helped) ... but dont run either...

You have my sincere sympathy Captain, you did the only thing possible by saying nothing and gritting your teeth but damn it knots your guts up don't it?
I left the UK to live here 24 years ago and I guess it hasn't got any better what with England importing more human trash from around the world and no second amendment so citizens can protect themselves.
Whatever you do don't think it's your fault so stop asking why you're a target.
Your best bet is to get the hell out of that country and come to the good 'ol USA, I'll even let you practice with my Beretta 92FS and I've got a lot more than one 15 round magazine.

The whole, "idiots travel in packs" statement is true. The decision to take action, while seemingly noble, will end in pain. Hopefully theirs... but 7 against 1 is bad odds.

The decision to do nothing hurts too, and doesn't always guarentee that you won't get smacked anyway.

Vigilante action? Your call. Hit the biggest and most vocal first. Take him out of the equation. The rest might have been relying on that one. Don't count on it though.

Grap your cell phone and call the cops? Call a group of friends to meet you at your stop? Better options, but nothing is 100% certain.

Good luck. Basic self defence classes will train you to make your immediate area safer, and will make you more aware of your surroundings and the people around.

You obviously DID do the right thing in that situation, since you got out of there with no real harm done, other than having to face the baffling wonder of why human behavior reeks at times. You experienced that "pack" mentality and it's fearfully stupid and inhumane. Now you're trying to make it make sense.....sweetie, it's not going to.

I'm sorry you had to live through that....you've never seen these people before and probably never will again. I hope the next group you encounter is armed with nothing more than cameras! :hug:

:goodvibe:
suck.gif
wiggle.gif

Thank you for all your kind and reassuring words.. :)
I have since found out what they were shouting in urdu meant 'white b*st*rd'.
I'm sick to death of this racism that seems to be everywhere in this city. :(
Actually not just racism... the two-faced-ness that seems to go with it. I've talked to people before and they've been nice ... but when they're with their mates it's a different story.
And not just in this city i suppose...
I don't know whey people can't just get on ffs! :roll:

but anyway, thank you everyone for making me feel better :D

Most reactions

Back