Gruesome Assault

Ysarex

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not much time to take photos lately -- trying to hold the tide in the garden against the morning glory assault.

Was out this evening on the front lines and managed a few snaps. Here's our baptisia about to succumb to the hairy monster. Fortunately I killed it right after I took its picture.

morning_glory.jpg

I swear you have to be careful not to stand still in the same place for too long.

I continue to be amazed at what I can get from this little Canon G7 I recently purchased. That's a puny little 1 inch sensor and I took this photo after sunset with the ISO set to 12K -- incredible.

Joe

Your post reminds me of the hours spent battling morning glory as a kid. The stuff just doesn't give in!

I hated morning glory vines on the farm, especially at harvest when they would wrap up in the header or beater bars on the combine. Then I moved south and became acquainted with kudzu. :angry:

I hated morning glory vines on the farm, especially at harvest when they would wrap up in the header or beater bars on the combine. Then I moved south and became acquainted with kudzu. :angry:

And to think, somebody thought it was a good idea to import the plague.

You'd think we would learn too, but we don't. I've often thought I wanted to write a book with the simple title FOOLS! and present the global story of invasive species with an emphasis on the ones that were actually deliberate like those bleep bleep carp in our rivers now.

Joe

Your post reminds me of the hours spent battling morning glory as a kid. The stuff just doesn't give in!

Especially when it can retreat and regroup on the other side of the fence where the neighbor thinks it's pretty.

Joe

I heard a longtime farmer say he was in the local feed/seed store and witnessed a person come in and ask for morning glory seed one morning. When asked why, their reply was " The wife loves the flowers".

You'd think we would learn too, but we don't. I've often thought I wanted to write a book with the simple title FOOLS! and present the global story of invasive species with an emphasis on the ones that were actually deliberate like those bleep bleep carp in our rivers now.

Joe

I've heard reports that a kudzu vine can grow anywhere from 12 to 20 inches per day. Fortunately after many years of spraying it is mostly eradicated from our area.

Not much time to take photos lately -- trying to hold the tide in the garden against the morning glory assault.

Was out this evening on the front lines and managed a few snaps. Here's our baptisia about to succumb to the hairy monster. Fortunately I killed it right after I took its picture.

View attachment 160113

I swear you have to be careful not to stand still in the same place for too long.

I continue to be amazed at what I can get from this little Canon G7 I recently purchased. That's a puny little 1 inch sensor and I took this photo after sunset with the ISO set to 12K -- incredible.

Joe
No quarter given.

Joe

I've heard reports that a kudzu vine can grow anywhere from 12 to 20 inches per day. Fortunately after many years of spraying it is mostly eradicated from our area.

Don't turn your back.

kudzu.jpg

Joe

I heard a longtime farmer say he was in the local feed/seed store and witnessed a person come in and ask for morning glory seed one morning. When asked why, their reply was " The wife loves the flowers".

A pretty face....

morning_glory_rain.jpg

Joe

Joe

Don't turn your back.

View attachment 160126

Joe
Insane. That looks like a cancer.

Joe

Don't turn your back.

View attachment 160126

Joe
Insane. That looks like a cancer.

Yep, and like I said someone thought it was a good idea -- that stuff was brought here deliberately.

Joe

Most reactions

New Topics

Back