Guardians of Traffic.

"BE CONFIDENT, ATRAYU!" ;)

#2 = WOW!

#4 = eh. lol.

Love the shots though, and the detail on the crop in 3 is awesome!

They're all great, but #2 is something special. I would hang a huge print of that on my wall in a second.

It's amazing how the dust shows up at "Lens F-Number / F-Stop = 32/1 ===> ƒ/32"
Time to clean that big sensor

That the 100-400 you're using? It looks like it performs good stopped down all the way.

I was debating on what to do in #2 as far as setting up the shot. I think the little bit of blue at the top of the head is visually important.
I'm curious why you say it's visually important. It's thin and crooked, and there's nothing that compliments it on the lower right.
Otherwise, it's a nice picture.

#1 is a bold composition. I'd like to see some indication of scale if possible.

#3 Nice cropping and detail.

#4 Did someone steal your camera and take this picture?

I got out for a bit tonight...

4637910248_614e819290_o.jpg

4637229807_55cffb8b70_o.jpg

4637783834_5f969553fa_o.jpg

A look at the land of many bridges.
4637332107_1fe78023a8_o.jpg

Thanks for lookin' :thumbup:

first three are fantastic! the last one is not so great but an awesome view.

It's amazing how the dust shows up at "Lens F-Number / F-Stop = 32/1 ===> ƒ/32"
Time to clean that big sensor

That the 100-400 you're using? It looks like it performs good stopped down all the way.

I was swapping lenses a lot.
Awesome lens.
I shoulda made a brag thread.
I went to f/32 to get the moon and the thing in focus. Previous tries with smaller apertures didn't get it. But it could have been the bridge shaking too.

"BE CONFIDENT, ATRAYU!" ;)
I am missing the "Never Ending Story" reference.

I like to crop, and I like this crop. What lens were you shooting with? How far were you when you shot #1, #2, #3?
#1 I was standing 10-15 feet away from the base. #2 and #3, I was standing in the same spot, just looking at the other statue across four lanes of the bridge. Shot with the 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS USM
Great lens!!!

Great shots!
Texture in #2 is real nice. Did you hand hold them? have a tripod handy?
Tripod!
I've learned taking a tripod is a must. You never know what you might miss.

They're all great, but #2 is something special. I would hang a huge print of that on my wall in a second.
You can! Would you like it signed? :lmao:
#2 = WOW!

#4 = eh. lol.

Love the shots though, and the detail on the crop in 3 is awesome!
2 and 3 are not cropped.
No love for #4. :grumpy:

I'm curious why you say it's visually important. It's thin and crooked, and there's nothing that compliments it on the lower right.
Otherwise, it's a nice picture.
I feel it adds to the things height, a little break, otherwise the thing looks too blocky.

#1 is a bold composition. I'd like to see some indication of scale if possible.
At that angle, theres nothing around to include. I shot that with the idea of "monolith" in mind. I would like to try some more shots, and including the city skyline, or the bridge, with it. I am thinking of taking a ladder out there, to get me higher, and change the perspective a bit.

#3 Nice cropping and detail.
That lens amazes me.
And it's not cropped. :p

#4 Did someone steal your camera and take this picture?

I stepped out of my element. I went out there specifically to try some sunset landscapes with the bridges. I wasn't even thinking about the Guardians of Transportaion. Of all the shots, I think that is the best. I am not all, *wow* *that's* *awesome*, or even *good*, I posted it hoping I'd get some thoughts on it.

A look at the land of many bridges.
4637332107_1fe78023a8_o.jpg

...the last one is not so great but an awesome view.

Too many trees? To busy? Too many bridges? Too far away? Is the exposure off? Why no love for number four? :grumpy: ;) :lmao:

Thanks for all the comments.

It's not a bad shot, but I think having 50% trees, the bridges above that crammed into a small spot, and the sky being nothing more than a nice mellow gradient - well, following the previous 3 pictures, it falls a bit flat. I will say that It's exposed really well. Did you have to darken the sky in PP?

Not sure because I'm not trained in what looks good visually, but taking a bit off the bottom might help to give more presence to the many lines of the bridges. The only downside being that you'll lose some of the perspective of being up high..

You've given me a bad case of the gear envy though..

Last edited:
With the lighting on the face of #2 it almost looks like a brass or metal. Amazing to see the detail in the figure and in the moon. The balance of the lighting throughout the photo is really pleasing to the eye.

I agree with popular opinion .. #2 is awesome

Bitter, you could have easily done a focus stack on #2.. Get the moon in another exposure, blend the images.. It's more authentic the way you did it. Getting everything right in one shot trumps PP I think.

Bitter
MY brain is asking my eyes to stop moving around.
First I see the trees, then I see the very busy bridges, then there is somewhat of a sunset all in a portrait frame. If a sunset is presented, my brain is used to landscape style photo presentation.

The bridges could possibly work, if they were silhouettes...

Also it did not help that you had 3 good photos of one type just before the bridge/sunset/tree photo.;)

Rez, I could also just plop that big 'Ol moon shot in there, but yeah, I got it in camera. *shrugs*

pbelarge, thanks, that *is* helpful!

Going along with what you said, I thing the angle sucks. Also, everything is compressed into a single plane it seems. The trees have some depth, but the bridges really don't. They just look piled onto one another.

I did portrait, because of stuff to the right and left, that I didn't want. Like I said, my go at sunset landscapes, was pretty much a fail. I'll keep trying.

4641221044_31e4883d10_o.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back