Guardians of Traffic.

I'm curious why you say it's visually important. It's thin and crooked, and there's nothing that compliments it on the lower right.
Otherwise, it's a nice picture.
I feel it adds to the things height, a little break, otherwise the thing looks too blocky.
I see your point. It's nice to see where the statue ends. But the blockiness of everything else is the reason I think it doesn't look right. It reads as a frail element in the photograph, as if I could break it off like a twig. Slightly more height would make it less fragile.

#1 is a bold composition. I'd like to see some indication of scale if possible.
At that angle, theres nothing around to include. I shot that with the idea of "monolith" in mind. I would like to try some more shots, and including the city skyline, or the bridge, with it. I am thinking of taking a ladder out there, to get me higher, and change the perspective a bit.
The scale comment was just my curiosity on how large this thing was. Ultimately, I've decided that I don't care to know how big it really is. You made it look massive and monolithic in this picture, and that's all that really matters.
Although I agree, it could be interesting to try a different type of shot with some kind of urban context.

#3 Nice cropping and detail.
That lens amazes me.
And it's not cropped. :p
Ok, you got me. I'll admit to using the word cropping incorrectly when I really meant to say framing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back