Guarding the Musicians

Tuna

Fotoğrafçı
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
There is something lacking in this shot-- the story. Where is this located? Did you take this in another country? What's behind the look of the guy with the assault weapon? Why is he in the picture? Was he just walking past by and you caught this shot?

It looks very odd that these musicians are baskers (playing for money), with a person with an assault weapon there, who will give them money from the passerbys?

Just my thoughts...

I thought the term was busker.

In other countries, it can be fairly common to see soldiers in uniform holding machine guns just strolling down the street. I saw them so often in Istanbul that I barely even noticed them anymore. If your timing is right, you can get them walking in front of things (or street musicians!) that create a certain...cognitive dissonance.

Good timing, Tuna (as usual!)

Looks like France to me.

Well, he IS wearing a beret. I bet he shoots film too and writes beat poetry in his spare time. ;)

How judgmental.

The insignia on his arm looks like the french foreign legion symbol.

Last edited:
I thought the term was busker.

In other countries, it can be fairly common to see soldiers in uniform holding machine guns just strolling down the street. I saw them so often in Istanbul that I barely even noticed them anymore. If your timing is right, you can get them walking in front of things (or street musicians!) that create a certain...cognitive dissonance.

Good timing, Tuna (as usual!)
Sorry...My finger was in a hurry yesterday because I was in between cooking and reading the posts...yes you are right, the spelling is with a 'U', not 'A'. Where I live in Australia, busking is a culture. I like a particular person who travels during some seasons from Queensland to Melbourne just to play his piano in the street. I have not seen him for a good while...but then I only go home for a visit twice a year now...

And I forgot to mention, some people may not know it, but guns are not allowed in Oz anymore.

I like how the guard seems to be staring right at the camera .. and not in a nice way either lol

Most reactions

Back