Guess the year

11520.jpg

the sign says 11-5-20

While the sign say 11-5-20 this can be interpreted two different ways.

November 5, 1920 or May 20, 1911

Those two date formats are very common all around the world.

very good, i never knew that before.

or a third option.. may 11th 1920 (as far as i know - just a british/'commonwealth' way ).

I would hate to think those ducks were slaughtered on my birthday (May 11) - even if it was 42 years before I was born. So, lets say it was November 5.

quite true, i had some old post cards from my ultra great grandparents thats are dated by year-month-day format. alot of computer systems use that format as well. good point bogleric.

hrrm... but where is it now :) you haven't told us that yet :)

bogleric said:

I would go for November...just because this looks like an american photo :) and from what I know of we have never used the dd/mm/yyyy format? Also when is duck season??? Isn't it in the fall?
:) :D :)

My postcards were American cards in that date format. Back then i don't they had hunting laws either or conservation.

However, everything mention here has some validity which leads to numerious interpretation!

Ok...I did a search and found out that there was regulation on wild game including ducks since the early 1900's.

So we now know that there was regulations back then. And considering you are confirming that these photos are american...then I think the correct date would have been 11-5-20 or november 5 1920 for those that use a different format for the date! :)

Man...I need to get back to work!!! Doing searches etc etc!!!

:) it was a neat thread and I also like the photo!

Most reactions

Back