What's new

Guess What I Am!

Joined
Jun 8, 2014
Messages
364
Reaction score
101
Location
Islamorada ,FL
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well lets see if any of you can guess what this is a photo of !

523274_3680830989523_1553720418_n.jpg
:mrgreen::mrgreen:
 
Tell you what, If some can guess what it is I will become a supporting member. :D

Now there some incentive....

I will provide a hints soon...
 
For some reason it reminds me of a transformer... that was under water....
 
To me it looks like a tiny stripped tire with part of the axle. Fossils from a Barbie wreck?
 
It looks like a transformer, or some kind of small electric motor's copper coil thingy...around the edges it looks like old copper wire, and in the center looks like a badly corroded and deteriorating shaft. The patina it has is nice...I guess in Florrrrrida there might be some saltwater around, mebbee?
 
It looks like a transformer, or some kind of small electric motor's copper coil thingy...around the edges it looks like old copper wire, and in the center looks like a badly corroded and deteriorating shaft. The patina it has is nice...I guess in Florrrrrida there might be some saltwater around, mebbee?

Hey! You stole my answer Mister!
 
It's the armature from an electric motor (or alternator/generator depending on what it's off of)...
 
Looks in a marginally worse state than the grinder I burnt out last month, but only due to the corrosion.
Interesting shot, but a relatively easy ID unless you want the motor info too.
 
Alternator? It's definitely a stator like mentioned above, but not sure if it's a motor or generator. Not that it's easy to tell which one it really is...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom