Gun pics... C&C welcome

fiveoboy01

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I think the WB is off on these... But overall I was pretty pleased with the way they turned out. Some mild toying around in PSE7 with them.

456085387_z6YJf-L.jpg

456085091_yAJHo-L.jpg

456087543_88qEd-L.jpg

456087985_qvXCe-L.jpg

456086655_ArNCE-L.jpg

Number 5 and number 2 are definitly my favorite. I find that having the bullets in with it really makes it stand out. =)

~Nikki~

I think the wonky white-balance worked in your favor on this one, especially in the last photo. It really makes the color of the bullets pop. #4 is probably my least favorite. It just doesn't have the cold feel that the others do.

The white balance is good here. It gives it the "matrix" type effect.

Yes, nice photos and nice pistols- always wanted a Walther P22. But do stay away from any weapons references, discussion, or images here which are the least bit stronger than say, Wiffle balls, else "bad things" may happen! :wink:

Yes, nice photos and nice pistols- always wanted a Walther P22. But do stay away from any weapons references, discussion, or images here which are the least bit stronger than say, Wiffle balls, else "bad things" may happen! :wink:

I have to ..... LOL....

There's something weird going on in the out-of-focus areas... did you do some kind of shadow lightening?

Yes. I opened the shadows/highlights box on PSE and played with the Lighten Shadows, Darken Highlights and Midtone contrast sliders until I got a look I was looking for. I actually wasn't trying to achieve anything specific, just to make the photo look decent to my eyes. There is no rhyme or reason to what I did:)

oooo boy that p22 is a beaut! so much nicer looking than my sw22a.

one thing i might suggest...give the pieces a quick shot with some compressed air right before you take the shot...they look super clean except for those damn pesky specks of dust that stand out against the black of the barrel.

so far no "commentary" from anti-2A people, so let's try to keep this thread open :D

well done!

I like #3. I think that #2 would be better if you got rid of the XD9 and the 9mm round and just focused on the Walther P22. Just my opinion as both a photography and firearms enthusiast. Is there any better combination? If so, I'm not aware of it.:mrgreen::mrgreen:

1. Doesn't do much for me, I don't like the angle.
2. I don't care for the muzzle being covered up, and the butt of the XD clutters the pic.
3. Pretty cool shot. I like how it shows the detail of the roll mark.
4. Same as #1, doesn't do anything for me. I don't care for the angle.
5. Interesting, in a different sort of way. The muzzle of the P22 in the background is a little odd.

Here's a couple I took this week. I like the dark Gun Magazine type photos.

XDm_9_GA.jpg

IMG_3998.jpg

Most reactions

Back