What's new

Gwangju, Korea (at night).

RichieTang

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 9, 2014
Messages
42
Reaction score
7
Location
Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I decided I want to focus on selective coloring as the kind of photography I want to do (quite a broad topic, fairly easy to do). Let me know what you think! The broader and easier a topic is, the bigger the room for error! I would love some feedback on how you would improve upon these photos by on selective coloring as the method of photo processing.

These were taken with a 24-105 F4 on a Canon T2i/550d.



$10257210_10152010762691152_248653035310679682_o.webp




$10368981_10152010763321152_807975776767904210_o.webp

Edit: I was looking through other selective color photographs on this site and it seems the majority hates this. However, I"m drawn to it for a variety of reasons. I'm hoping for some hard critiques to come along :)
 
Last edited:
I really like both of them, but I can't articulate why.
 
I'm one of those who don't like selective coloring.

in #1 I can't really understand why you enhanced the area under the benches. Why that is important? and, have to add that I would probably like the picture with some other processing
 
Last edited:
I'm the one of those who don't like selective coloring.

in #1 I can't really understand why you enhanced the area under the benches. Why that is important? and, have to add that I would probably like the picture with some other processing

You're right. It holds no importance other than what I considered aesthetic improvement. It doesn't enhance the story in any way...I'm working on my story telling.


I like #1 the best. Which Gwangju were they taken in Jeolla or Gyeonggi?

It was the Gwangju in Jeolla; a bridge in between downtown and the baseball stadium.
 
I'm one of those who don't like selective coloring.
in #1 I can't really understand why you enhanced the area under the benches. Why that is important? and, have to add that I would probably like the picture with some other processing
You're right. It holds no importance other than what I considered aesthetic improvement. It doesn't enhance the story in any way...I'm working on my story telling.

yeah exactly ;)

You chose a "very sensitive" selective coloring to like. If you continue with it you'll see that sc is not that simple as it seems to be. In order for sc to work, you have to think a lot more and even then, there are small chances for sc to really work.

and maybe... just maybe... after some time... you'll discover that sc was just a faze (which is perfectly normal, I've done it too, when I was over it, others wanted me to do for them... now just can't do either) ;)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom