gym

That is actually a really good photo imo. I like the lighting, the texture on the walls the rafters. All the colors.. REally I like the entire frame I expected a regular gym type photo this is wayyyyyyy better and it is something different. A grunge basement gym cool.

To me it just looks like an aggressively over-processed HDR.... :thumbno:

To me it just looks like an aggressively over-processed HDR.... :thumbno:
really? To much for you huh? i actually dont mind the processing in this instance. Guess my tastes might be a little different in this regard...

I don[t favor HDR normally. But there's something very interesting about this one. Maybe it has to do with the fact that there's a person in it. Most HDR s are landscapes. I like it.

Why did you choose to shoot this in landscape aspect rather than portrait. The cropped head and fingers take away a LOT from what could have been a very strong image. The processing is a little strong for my taste, but other than the blow-out light-bulbs, It seems like an appropriate style for the image.

Interesting. I agree with tirediron, it is an appropriate style for the image, but the processing is a little much. It's different, but it's not terrible either IMO. Rather somewhat experimental.

If he gets slack with his training this photo will provide no evidence that he was ever really that fit. His torso is the most processed looking part of the photo.

...the barbell plate on the right looks like a single, overly wide steel plate. I guess you didn't completely photoshop it in but it kind of looks like it.

This is different. I like it being different. Not a fan of HDR stuff, but it works here. The cropped fingers are distracting for me, the head less so.

Overall I like it. The general processing fits the subject and I like the composition. However, the lighter areas on his rather impressive abs, are a bit distracting. I think that they should be toned down a bit.

I think it's a big miss on composition, lighting, and processing.

Sorry, I have never seen HDR on skin that worked on any level, and this one is REALLY over cooked. Couple that with the subject being backlit/underexposed and cutting of his head and hands, I will have to take a pass.

Just my .02

the background is hdr, the model is not. I underexposed the model a bit because the main lighting is coming from behind him. If I "properly" exposed his face that would have been another light source in the picture thats not accounted for and would have IMO looked funny. I probably did overdo the background some, I have a look i'm going for but haven't quite perfected the pp of it yet. As far as the crop, I like to shoot portraits in landscape, I do cut off fingers, heads, limbs, etc. what i'm more worried about is balance in the photo. You can have a "perfect" composition but if it doesn't balance well in the photo its kinda pointless. Most people won't notice the fingers are cropped off when attention is drawn to the top of the photo with the lights. The highlights on the abs are meant to work with the lights in the ceiling creating a triangle of light that your eye follows. (like great painters do) Whether or not I succeeded is a matter of opinion, but that is what I was going for during editing. Thanks for all the comments!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back