Hairy Woodpecker

Canoncan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
The Hairy Woodpecker is a close cousin of the Downy Woodpecker
woodpecker.jpg

Great angle! Really shows off his plumage. :thumbup: I love woodpeckers of all kinds. This image looks a little soft on my monitor. What equipment did you use?

This is is my first post with a pic from a film camera an old Canon A1 anybody remember those and scanned in using my scanner which I noticed is dusty. It was a 500mm Tamron lens with a canon mount.
Peter

I was out and about the other day and heard a woodpecker above me, loud and clear. I looked and looked, but do you think I could find him? No! And I thought by myself "Oh, I so want to at least see him, not to mention a photo...".
And here you come, presenting us a perfect photo of nothing but?
A woodpecker.
Some guy have all the (good) luck. (;))

Canoncan said:
This is is my first post with a pic from a film camera an old Canon A1 anybody remember those and scanned in using my scanner which I noticed is dusty. It was a 500mm Tamron lens with a canon mount.
Peter

Lol, I have a sister model, the AE-1P, I love it to pieces.

i haven't had much luck shooting woodpeckers. they seem to scare easily so you can't get too close to them, unlike bluejays and robins that let you shoot from 10 feet away. this is a pretty nice shot, just a bit soft. great angle.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back