Haleakala help

icassell

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Haleakala Volcano, Maui

haleakala.jpg

Is there any way of PP to make the rainbow stand out better?

Meh, forget my idea, i had a try but didn't work.

Last edited:
I think if you have photoshop, you could use the saturate tool and go over it, might not look right, but it's worth a try. If it doesn't work, I think even though it is subtle, it stands out enough, that was the first thing I noticed in the picture. Plus it's a great shot I like it alot

I think if you have photoshop, you could use the saturate tool and go over it, might not look right, but it's worth a try. If it doesn't work, I think even though it is subtle, it stands out enough, that was the first thing I noticed in the picture. Plus it's a great shot I like it alot

Thanks! I took this last year and have been re-visiting it again and again in PS. This is the best I've gotten and glad you like it. Thought it would look better, though, if the rainbow stood out. You're supposed to go to Haleakala at sunrise but, being with kids, I didn't make it. It was pouring at noon when we finally got there, so we turned and started to drive back down. I saw a patch of blue in my rear-view mirror, so I turned to go back up in time for this .... :)

I am so upset I was there two years ago for the sunrise and clouds rolled in at the last minute.

Great shoot.

Wow, thanks everyone. Just shows ta go ya that you should show your images to others before going crazy with them.

Snoword, I've seen great pix of clouds there... I just got lucky with my timing (and ticked my kids off when I turned around and headed back to the top). I have some others ... will post them as a group when I get around to it.

For those who haven't been there, I can't recommend it highly enough but it is COLD!

Most reactions

Back