Half eaten butterfly

HollandHusker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
:lol: I don't know what happened to this little butterfly but I kinda liked him. C&C welcome:thumbup:

DSC05410.jpg

I like him too. Something beautiful tainted from the ravages of life, but it's the imperfection that makes him interesting and therefore beautiful in a different way.

I just reread what I wrote and I feel like that kid in "American Beauty" in the toboggan videotaping the plastic bag flying around.

Haha Rathbone, you are right, at first I couldn't think of the kid in American Beauty, than I read your sentence again and rembered it. Haha, yeah I does look like its a camouflage. I was just looking for stuff to take pictures of and saw him sitting there, never seen one quiet like this before. Hope he's not alone out there ;)

i think that butterfly is supposed to look that way, i have seen many kinda like it.

Yeah, I think it is SUPPOSED to look that way, it's still a strange appearance though. I had never seen them in this way before I shot this picture.

He's got character, alright. I bet he's the kind of butterfly who sits at butterfly bars and tells stories about his dangerous butterfly adventures.

'I heard he was injured by a cat! Yeah, well, someone told me it was by a dog!' etc. etc.

When they have just come out of their pupae they look like that untill their wings have expanded and dryed. If you gave it a couple of hours in the sun it would probably look very different.

great shot

tim

Hehe, you guys got some fantasy:) Thanks for the compliments. The story isn't quiet right though, he told me he was a secret terrorist from Al-Qaeda, only every time he ran into a group of people they would slap him their kids would bite his wings. But everytime he would go back and sit in the sun, pray to Allah and it would grow back everytime. Well anyway, he's dangerous alright :p

I was outside yesterday and discovered another butterfly like this one. I couldn't focus quick enough so didn't capture him properly. It looked bit different but also had this little white spot in the middle. I've been looking in some nature guides and stuff, but haven't found him. Would anyone of you know what kind of butterfly this one is? Thanks in Advance:D

Are you the cousin of funny, not funny?

Oh and by the way, what makes this butterfly different to the one you couldn't focus on quickly enough? Where is the focal point supposed to be? Blurry body, head and wings, dear dear.

Wow I can be plain rude aswell.

I'll check tomorrow at work, we have tons of reference books.

lomo said:
Are you the cousin of funny, not funny?

Oh and by the way, what makes this butterfly different to the one you couldn't focus on quickly enough? Where is the focal point supposed to be? Blurry body, head and wings, dear dear.

Wow I can be plain rude aswell.

Thanks mate!:thumbup: :confused:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back