Handbags at 40 Paces

I love it (and the title)!

Ian

Haha cool title, nice pic :) Interesting how there is much less noise around the poster, which is well lit, compared to the (irrelevant) surroundings - did you selectively de-noise or did it come out like that?

There are a few things going on there to create the effect.

The original image was given a bit of a contrast boost using the curves tool, I then added another layer in which the saturation was reduced to -80%. To that I added a mask and erased the de-saturated layer over the billboard area. That little lot I saved as a PSD file. From there I used the unsharp mask on it and added some Gaussian blur. Lastly, I did the border effect and copyright.

Nice work; I like it. On a humorous note, maybe you should have shot the billboard for them, too: my first thought was, "why is she chewing her nails?' LOL :)

There are a few things going on there to create the effect.

The original image was given a bit of a contrast boost using the curves tool, I then added another layer in which the saturation was reduced to -80%. To that I added a mask and erased the de-saturated layer over the billboard area. That little lot I saved as a PSD file. From there I used the unsharp mask on it and added some Gaussian blur. Lastly, I did the border effect and copyright.

Sweet! Nice editing technique Chris!

Most reactions

Back