What's new

hands

I like, like, like, like, like! But the forum only allows me to do it once. Party poopers.

Marija, HOW do you get light so well placed and even? or is it your post-processing? Whatever, the images (this one, and the many you have on Flickr) are very, very good.
 
I like, like, like, like, like! But the forum only allows me to do it once. Party poopers.

Marija, HOW do you get light so well placed and even? or is it your post-processing? Whatever, the images (this one, and the many you have on Flickr) are very, very good.
It's magic my dear friend, just magic :)

The light is actually coming from a window left of her. Everything else is just the camera and the software ;)


You checked my flickr :icon_hug:
Thank you Paul!
 
I want to see her face and yet I feel that I don't have to...this photo says so much about her already. Love it.
 
I think I mentioned this on one of your others, but...oh my, how I love old people's hands!

This is really well done; as Lew mentioned in the kitchen thread, this is a really nice series. I could see these, and some more related photos, hanging together in a very nice exhibit somewhere!
 
I want to see her face and yet I feel that I don't have to...this photo says so much about her already. Love it.
Thank you for your words!

I think I mentioned this on one of your others, but...oh my, how I love old people's hands!
Yeah we already talked about old people skin and hands :)

This is really well done; as Lew mentioned in the kitchen thread, this is a really nice series. I could see these, and some more related photos, hanging together in a very nice exhibit somewhere!
my name and exhibit in the same sentence!!!? Too unreal and no way!... want to insert a smiley but... you know... here's one stupid smiley :icon_cyclops_ani:

You're tooo nice....:586:

... but... I guess I could start talking about photography in real life (there are just a few closest people who know that I'm interested in it) ;)
 
Nicely done. Wonderful composition and processing. The tones are perfect.
 
I like, like, like, like, like! But the forum only allows me to do it once. Party poopers.

Marija, HOW do you get light so well placed and even? or is it your post-processing? Whatever, the images (this one, and the many you have on Flickr) are very, very good.
It's magic my dear friend, just magic :)

The light is actually coming from a window left of her. Everything else is just the camera and the software ;)


You checked my flickr :icon_hug:
Thank you Paul!

I'm going to have to learn to process the images. You say it's simple (in another thread/post) but it's really not so straightforward. There is a very nice balancing of light and shadow so that it is clear where the highlights are, while at the same time leaving enough detail in the shadows to make them dimensional. I'm thinking you may have added a subtle vignette, since the light intensity seems strongest on the hands. You've kept the sharpness downwards towards the feet, while having the rug and bed-spread recede (both in sharpness and brightness) so as not to compete with the main subject. Your use of the horizontal orientation as a compositional device really works for me, as it follows the lines of the bed and the edge of the bed/rug, establishing three horizontal bands which are intersected by her body, hands and feet, which are oriented vertically. This creates an emphasis beyond the image of the hands themselves, and a very fitting supporting structure to the main subject. You should print this one large. It deserves it.
 
Nicely done. Wonderful composition and processing. The tones are perfect.
well I guess I did something that's nicely done, thanks

I'm going to have to learn to process the images. You say it's simple (in another thread/post) but it's really not so straightforward. There is a very nice balancing of light and shadow so that it is clear where the highlights are, while at the same time leaving enough detail in the shadows to make them dimensional. I'm thinking you may have added a subtle vignette, since the light intensity seems strongest on the hands. You've kept the sharpness downwards towards the feet, while having the rug and bed-spread recede (both in sharpness and brightness) so as not to compete with the main subject. Your use of the horizontal orientation as a compositional device really works for me, as it follows the lines of the bed and the edge of the bed/rug, establishing three horizontal bands which are intersected by her body, hands and feet, which are oriented vertically. This creates an emphasis beyond the image of the hands themselves, and a very fitting supporting structure to the main subject. You should print this one large. It deserves it.
awwwwwwwwwww Paul, you're being too kind again :icon_hug:
I don't know how to explain my process of thinking and pp in the most simple way. When I'm shooting I always keep in mind what I can or can't fix in pp. It's about what do you want to achieve and learn, practise everything you come across...
The bottom line is, shoot and do everything from the heart.... when I shoot documentary, I shoot it from the heart and it shows. I think that my best photographs are those, documentary... As a matter of a fact, you might not even remember but one your advice posted on documentary shots of children (not on flickr) was extremely helpful for me :)
ok... one advice to you... observe light, but I think that's even more important that you observe shadows - their quality and their intensity and else what they do to the scene/subject... Cameras are great nowadays and can do magic even in not so good light conditions, so I'm always more worried about shadows and think about what I can do to them in pp, enhance or manipulate in any other way...

I really like it this way too
... and you really should like it this way :)
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom