Haning out of the sunroof Corvette in the cold

Zach

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We went out today to get some shots of my brother's '79 Corvette. I was hanging out of the sunroof (freezing) of the "camera car" and photographing the Vette. I was wondering what everyone thought, good bad I want to hear it. Thanks.

Nikon D50
Nikon 18-55mm
Shutter priority mode (set at 1/60)
~60 mph in both cars

DSC_0009-3.jpg

DSC_0006-1-2.jpg

i like the comp in the 2nd shot. sweet car i used to have a 99 c5. boy do i miss it :(

The passenger is distracting, especially in the second photo. Would have liked them better with a slightly slower shutter to show some more movement and not cropped.

Nice vette!! But I prefer trans ams..

Thanks guys. I cropped them the way I did, because the background was really distracting with mailboxes, street signs etc.

I found that the white balance was a little off. I corrected that and added some contrast to the car and road. I also removed the passenger.

I was bored. :)

10 MPH and a slower shutter will get you the same shot, and not freeze you half to death. ;)

10 MPH and a slower shutter will get you the same shot, and not freeze you half to death.
That was my first thought. No need to do this at 60 mph.

have you though about setting up a car rig? (I am not sure of the exact terminology on this though)

img6752qu3.jpg

to get this result:

2194768374_34e7e152ef.jpg

(I googled to find these pictures... they are not mine)

That's cool how that rig turns that Cadillac into a Mini!! ;)

Thanks guys. Rosshole, I plan on building a rig, but my photoshop skills are non-existant at the moment. I wouldn't be able to cut out the pole lol.

I found that the white balance was a little off. I corrected that and added some contrast to the car and road. I also removed the passenger.

I was bored. :)

How did you remove the passenger? I was thinking to just darken the whole windshield with the brush tool on PS.

10 MPH and a slower shutter will get you the same shot, and not freeze you half to death.
That was my first thought. No need to do this at 60 mph.

That, and the lower speed would let you hang out an open door to drop the angle down closer to ground level (hand held). There's just something about shots from shoulder level out a window that seem generic. I always prefer to get much higher or much lower than a standard view; but thats just me. You could get results similar to the rig just by hanging out an open door lower down. Or hold a tripod above your head with a timer to get a higher angle.

Edit: forgot to mention though, sweet Corvette. My father has a pretty well kept '63 convertible. Unfortunately he USED to have a '63 split window but settled for a straight up trade for the 'vert in the late 80s. Living in Minnesota, he figured since he only drove it in the summer anyway, might as well have a drop top! *facepalm* :lol:

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back