Hanna from Brazil - Portraits

Destin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all, I did a photo shoot with a friend of mine from Brazil a few days ago and I'm looking for some feedback. These are my three favorites.. C&C is greatly appreciated.

1.)
Hanna-45-L.jpg

2.)
Hanna-1-L.jpg

3.)
Hanna-24-L.jpg

I think i would have done the first two in portrait orientation.
there really isnt much going on to justify all that extra space. especially in #2.
the dappled lighting hurts #2 as well.
some fill flash would have benefited #1 and #2.
#3 is the strongest of the set, although i might have cropped that one in a little closer.

I think i would have done the first two in portrait orientation.
there really isnt much going on to justify all that extra space. especially in #2.
the dappled lighting hurts #2 as well.
some fill flash would have benefited #1 and #2.
#3 is the strongest of the set, although i might have cropped that one in a little closer.

I have portrait orientation versions of similar shots, but to me they seem a little boring. I find myself more attracted to the landscape versions for some reason. In number one she is entirely lit by a softbox camera left with a reflector camera right.

She is also lit by a softbox camera right in number 2, though I agree it's power needed to up higher.

Below are portrait versions of 1 and 2 for comparison.

Hanna-43-L.jpg

2.)
Hanna-5-L.jpg

While I'm not normally not a proponent of the 'landscape portrait', in this case I rather like #1 as-is. I think her pose and the lines of the wall work very well. #2 however... mehhh, sorry, but she's lost in the scene. I very much like #3, but as Pix says, it should be (IMO) cropped more tightly and leveled as well.

In the second set, #1 is quite nice, 'though I see a MUCH tighter crop. #2... there is almost NEVER a good reason to pose someone like that (especially a female) unless they're wearing shoulder pads.

Overall, a nice set, and good work on the lighting!

Not bad, but I do agree with the two pot above. :)

My take on these is that #1 is the best because it is of her and her face is just terrific.
The full length images seem to be about something else and the poses are to highlight something besides her face.

Most reactions

Back