terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey all you groovy guys and gals.....another work week nearly done. :cheer:

I was up late last night working on a picture.....and now see that I am OUT of sepia toner, and no more D76..... can't live like that, so there is a trip to the photo store this weekend for me. Who knows what else I may buy? :drool: Payday today, so I'm dangerous! :lol:

Who else has something fun going this weekend? Woo hoo, I'm sleepy today, but in a really good mood..... :sun:

The International Folklore Festival will be going on in the neighbouring town, with dance and music groups from New Zealand, Taiwan, Ile de la Réunion, Cyprus, Italy, France, The Netherlands and various other parts of Germany. Should be a huge photo opportunity, very colourful :D.

And I read in the newspaper that there's some big fireworks tomorrow night. FIREWORKS! Imagine - when I thought my next firework-photo-opportunity would only roll around in the first minutes of the new year...! I think that all is something to look forward to.

Hopefully I won't break my next-to-the-pinky toe again on the occasion, like I did four years ago during the dances on the big stage next to the local museum on that big lawn, where I ran around bare-footed and ran right into one of the wooden chairs that were set up there ... ouch!

I'm doing the office job now (the one that I will be quitting as soon as I get another job), but I've been ordered not to work my other job in which I'm on my feet...so as soon as I'm done here, I'm off to spend the weekend relaxing with my foot propped up, and my boyfriend bringing me drinks and feeding me grapes....ok...so maybe I won't go THAT far. But still. We just got the outdoor antannae installed yesterday, so we can get some more channels in now, and they come in a lot better, so I can watch some boring TV. And whenever Erik isn't tying up the computer, I'll see y'all here!

terri said:
I was up late last night working on a picture.....and now see that I am OUT of sepia toner, and no more D76..... can't live like that..

scan what you have and PS it! :biglaugh:

What is this weekend thing you speak of? :mrgreen: Ok, so being off work for six months has spoiled me.
We have community day on Saturday, and I just may post a few pics of the parade. If the weather is not too hot, the family will go downtown and enjoy the rest of the festivities. Its a pretty good time, carnival rides and games, live music all day, car show, soap box races etc. Heck if you want to check it out click here

What ever you do and where ever you are, enjoy the weekend.

Nadda here...work. I also got paid, which makes this weekend easier to cope with...Oh wait...I'll be cutting grass this weekend...and not the good kind either.

I'm having a BBQ tonight, kind of as my birthday party. I really don't know if will be a few close friends & family or if the whole gang will show up. Burgers, smokies, Kubasa :drool:, and a Dairy Queen ice cream cake.

The new Harry Potter book comes out at midnight, so my fiancé will be heading over to the book store to pick that up. I bought it prepaid for her birthday.

We have to hunt down some napkins for the wedding. I don't know why the white ones from Costco aren't good enough but apparently they have to be just right. :roll:

Happy B-Day Big Mike. Sounds like a good time, too bad I'm half a country away, nothing beats the BBQ!!

Man, if you could get those Costco nappies in your printer and personalize them :lmao:

Enjoy your bash.

i have no plans other than taking one of my sons, scoob - who's currently visiting for the summer, sightseeing. they've reopened the washington monument now and getting the 'free' ticket is a pain, but certainly worth it. the ticket booth opens at 8:30 when they begin handing out tickets for various times of the day. generally, all tickets for the day are distributed by 9:00, so you can imagine the line. i figure if we get there by say 2:30 a.m. we'll get a decent ticket....j/k. maybe, 3 a.m. ;) i wonder if they'd let us repel (<--- spelling) from the tip...if so, i'll post the shots or mugshots from the police station. ya know, i wish all you guys could come here for the weekend sometime and chill...we'd have loads of fun...we could picket the white house and stuff...whatcha say?

i was thinking...we should start a 'project thread' where members choose another member or a member volunteers to participate. the project: members choose a specific subject of the volunteers hometown, i.e. a monument, streetscape, landscape, historic structure, etc. the member completes the task and posts their results. it could a weekend project if you will; providing you have the time. during the week, we vote on the subject and post it by friday. the task is completed by sunday evening and results posted monday morning. anyways, just a thought. i can't see it being too complicated to pull off and should be fun to participate in.

JonMikal said:
scan what you have and PS it!
biglaugh.gif
HAHAHA, aren't you cute....
aufsmaul.gif
I prefer the smell of the toner to scanning to PS and losing a precious silver gelatin print..... mmmmm, toner..... :razz:

Nifty idea, about the "project". Why not start another thread and see if you can get something going? :D

Happy weekend everyone and Terri ooh la la photo store! : )
Thank you, Photo Gal :hug:: See, she gets it, Jon! :p

terri said:
Nifty idea, about the "project". Why not start another thread and see if you can get something going? :D

come on, you do it. i just like throwing stuff out and letting people run with it. you know us old men, we walk very slow; much less, run :mrgreen:

JonMikal said:
come on, you do it. i just like throwing stuff out and letting people run with it. you know us old men, we walk very slow; much less, run :mrgreen:
No; it was your idea, YOU do it. I'm old and it takes me half the day just to line up my toning trays. You know us old women, we just like to pat the old men on the heads and say "run with it, dear". :eek:ldman:

Let see, nothing too excited from us! We're (we'll Aubrey is and I'm giving moral support) ripping out the flooring in our basement and laying down a new floor to turn that into our bedroom. Also building a closet down there. Once that is done we are going to move our bedroom stuff and start painting the room upstairs to be the boys room. While he's doing that I'll be finishing up some recent photo shoots (editing) and doing school work. Tomorrow we are driving to Babies R Us to start a registry and then having lunch with my parents. Nothing to exciting which is fine by us!

terri said:
it takes me half the day just to line up my toning trays. You know us old women, we just like to pat the old men on the heads and say "run with it, dear". :eek:ldman:

no, YOU do it. when you pat us old men on the head it starts the vertigo...we hit the floor and we're out til the cows come home.

Most reactions

Back