Happy New Year - Sunrise 2011

Higgs Boson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went camping on the eastern shore of Maryland last night, however due to unanticipated snow coverage, Hampton Inn allowed me to camp in one of their rooms.....lol. Anyways, the point was to capture the first sunrise of the year. Took a whole bunch of pics, going to try some HDR's later but got this one out the quickest.

Happy New Year!

IMG_4770.jpg

Youre lucky I had the same idea , first sunrise of the years, got an ok pic but very very grey ,cold and no sun.
Wish I was in youre pic:drool:

Very nice idea, nice photo, too, thank you for sharing! Good of those in Hampton Inn to let you sleep in one of their rooms!
May the New Year carry on like this :).

I like the energetic glow to this one which screams "sunrise". It's a new dawn and I like the bright sun on this one. Sunsets are usually moodier (somehow, don't ask me) and there's nothing like a good sunrise shot to get the energy flowing.

Nothing really not to like about this.

I was going to try to do the same thing as well. I wanted a sunset picture from last night, but the light just wouldn't cooperate with me. And let's just say that even though I *wanted* to get up for a sunrise picture this morning, that just wasn't happening :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back