"HARD TO BREAK" small digital cameras

artnews300

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi
I have a Canon Power Shot and I love it. Until I dropped it and now it still works but the flash is dead. I was wondering if you have any suggestions on small pocket size digital cameras which are also specifically design to resist breaking more than others.

Thank you

Welcome to the forum.

I don't know any, off hand, that are designed to withstand falls etc....but some have metal bodies while most are plastic. The Canon Elph series are metal I think.

Until I dropped it and now it still works but the flash is dead.
That could be the best thing that ever happened to your camera ;)

How about the Olympus Shock/water proof cameras... "SW" series?

My wife has a bad habit of dropping things so I got her one for her B'day.... still works!

I read a lot about the olympus series but everywhere it says the picture quality is not that great. The power shot makes greaaat pictures but it's obviously easy to break.
Any other suggestions?:)))

Hmm... I have a powershot (A520) that is damn near indestructible, if you saw it you wouldn't think it still works - but it does. I have always heard that the whole A series was pretty tough too (but this is the only one I've used).

I read a lot about the olympus series but everywhere it says the picture quality is not that great.

Care to point out the source? My wife has been pretty happy with the picture quality of her old 720SW but I'm considering buying the the 1050SW or 1030SW as a gift. Reviews on those have been good considering they are compact P&S (which is fine for my wife).

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2008_reviews/stylus1030.html

^^ one with good things to say.

IMO, the best P&S is still the G9 but its not really as pocketable as most expect for P&S. I have yet to see a P&S built like the Olympus (but I haven't been lookin either).

Most reactions

Back