Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Since no one else seems to have picked up on this here:

Harman Technology, makers of Ilford products, has been sold to Pemberstone Ventures Ltd.

Welcome to ILFORD PHOTO

Gary is probably leaving the pub and headed for bed right now...but he'll be fired up tomorrow.

So, that's the end on horizon ? Are bankers any good at running photo business ? What is "foreseeable future" anyway ?

Hmmm.

They will probably bring up the price of bulk film to match the single rolls then start cutting the products that are doing "poorly"

Bankers running a film business? In it just for the money with analog being trendy.

Then again I don't know the company so maybe the CEO is into photography and wants to save it?

I didn't know they needed to be saved. They're certainly not hurting on my account.

I didn't know they needed to be saved. They're certainly not hurting on my account.

I guess saved was a poor choice of a word or perhaps my random phrasing. By saved I didn't mean saving Ilford, more as a means to help continue the film renaissance that seems to be going on. Help push Ilford even further into advertising and production.

Ilford was right-sized to weather the tumbling demand for film materials for a company that didn't make much of anything else--unlike, say, Fuji. Since they're privately-held, there's no way of knowing their financial health apart from promotional press releases. They seem to be OK but I've never taken the "film renaissance" to be more than a soothing fiction since there's no time series data to substantiate the supposed trend--and much anecdotal evidence to call it into question.That I can still buy film and get it processed in late 2015 are all that matter to me.

Last edited:
Ilford was right-sized to weather the tumbling demand for film materials for a company that didn't make much of anything else--unlike, say, Fuji. Since they're privately-held, there's no way of knowing their financial health apart from promotional press releases. They seem to be OK but I've never taken the "film renaissance" to be more than a soothing fiction since there's no time series data to substantiate the supposed trend--and much anecdotal evidence to call it into question.That I can still buy film and get it processed in late 2015 are all that to me.
Film is very much on the up the biggest supermarket in the UK (tesco) has started stocking film

Ilford was right-sized to weather the tumbling demand for film materials for a company that didn't make much of anything else--unlike, say, Fuji. Since they're privately-held, there's no way of knowing their financial health apart from promotional press releases. They seem to be OK but I've never taken the "film renaissance" to be more than a soothing fiction since there's no time series data to substantiate the supposed trend--and much anecdotal evidence to call it into question.That I can still buy film and get it processed in late 2015 are all that to me.
Film is very much on the up the biggest supermarket in the UK (tesco) has started stocking film

Export sales are 90% of their revenues. They'll be well-positioned as Kodak and Fuji gradually exit the film market. Their near-death experience in 2005 obviously taught them a great deal.

Something will survive. This is not only another technology which will disappear like many others, victims to the technological progress. This is a creative tool and so far mankind didn't loose any of it's major creative techiques.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back