What's new

Harriman State Park

Joined
Nov 26, 2010
Messages
670
Reaction score
21
Location
NJ
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Guys,

I like this shot, but there's something about it that bothers me. It's an HDR of 3 images (+2, -2) and this one came out a bit painterly and I like that part. I usually go for the more natural look, but there's something that bugs me.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Danny

x5y5ab.jpg
 
maybe.... the road ends in the very middle of the image??
i like the sun flare :)
 
I like it... If I stare at it, I feel I am moving into the image! And it's a peaceful feeling.
 
I like it... If I stare at it, I feel I am moving into the image! And it's a peaceful feeling.

Thanks for that. That's the feeling I was hoping to elicit. :-)

Danny
 
maybe.... the road ends in the very middle of the image??
i like the sun flare :)

Hi,

I didn't consider that the road ends in the middle. Is this a no-no with these types of shots? I do like how the roads turns through the image. I think it leads the eye forward to the different parts of it. Maybe what bothers me is the HDR part of it. Anyway, I like it more than I think I dislike it, so I'll take it. :-)

Danny
 
It's kind of soft, I mean it's closer to a painting than photo for me.
I don't really mess with HDR really, so I am not sure if that has anything to do with ghosting or what not, but I would think a single capture would show a bit more clarity, especially in the trees on the left.
 
It's kind of soft, I mean it's closer to a painting than photo for me.
I don't really mess with HDR really, so I am not sure if that has anything to do with ghosting or what not, but I would think a single capture would show a bit more clarity, especially in the trees on the left.

I see that softness too and that's possibly because of ghosting. Since it is somewhat painterly, I didn't worry too much about the sharpness of the image.

Thanks,
Danny
 
maybe.... the road ends in the very middle of the image??
i like the sun flare :)

Hi,

I didn't consider that the road ends in the middle. Is this a no-no with these types of shots? I do like how the roads turns through the image. I think it leads the eye forward to the different parts of it. Maybe what bothers me is the HDR part of it. Anyway, I like it more than I think I dislike it, so I'll take it. :-)

Danny
well, generally the rule of thirds suggests you not put your subject in the middle, however, i do like the way the road runs from the corner of the image and i agree it moves your eye into the photo, but if the road ended just a little further to the left i think it might be a stronger composition.
 
I really like it. :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom