Patrick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.kylesphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The C-41 processed ILFORD b&w film.

(I know I know...but it's just so much easier to drop off at a 1 hour lab.)

Better than the Kodak brand?

Haven't tried the Ilford C41 B&W. The Kodal is very good. Artemis, if your's turned out green, that's from the lab. I have had no problem.

Don't pay any attention to the prints you get back from the lab. They are printed on the color paper. Take it in and have a real b&w print done, you'll notice a huge difference.

I've tried the Ilford C-41 BW 400ISO film. It's not too bad, but in comparison to real BW film, it's night and day. There's just something about real BW film that this C-41 stuff just can't replicate.

Maybe its cause in every pic with the greenish tint I took pics of grass....and the grass had the tint....

it wouldn't be that... because its reading the world like black and white... monochroamtic. If you had a green tinge, its because of the lab. either they thought it was supposed to be green because its grass, or they just colour corrected it poorly (if at all)

green said:
it wouldn't be that... because its reading the world like black and white... monochroamtic. If you had a green tinge, its because of the lab. either they thought it was supposed to be green because its grass, or they just colour corrected it poorly (if at all)

I have seen this before; the green coloring is on the negative. Remember these are color-processed negatives

I have used the Ilford XP2 (C-41) a lot with very good results; ditto about it being intended for printing on B&W paper.

Kodak has three C-41 B&W films - Kodak Black & White 400 is consumer film and available at local drug stores, it is designed for printing at mini-labs; Pro films are TMAX 400CN for B&W paper and Portra 400BW for color paper

The problem of printing traditional B&W negatives at mini-lab, is not as big deal as it one was, because of the new digital mini-labs being used

The greenish tint very well could be from the lab, but, it is also possible that the greenish tint is from the lighting in which you are viewing the pictures. I work in a 1-hr lab, and once in a while we get some that look greenish in the flourecent lights, but once you get outside, it looks normal.

I myself have never seen them tinted red, though?

i think it's something about the process,
Personly have shoot dozens of rolls of Ilford
c-41 B&W both 35mm and 120 roll, only have this problem one or two times

Do you like it better than the Kodak stuff?

Honestly I've never seen any kind of "tint" on the prints I've used the C41 BW.

Maybe I'm just luck. For a change!

Thanks for the input.... I'll throw acouple rolls on my next order from B&H.

What I do is get my C-41 B&W stuff developed, but not processed... Then I do my own prints from the black and white enlargers at my high school.

Most reactions

Back