Has anyone else seen this....

bace

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Bin Laden niece back in America to seek pop fame

THE niece of Osama Bin Laden has returned to New York in the hope of becoming a pop star after leaving the city weeks before the attacks on the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001.

“I am lost, I don’t fit anywhere. I am American. I want to live here,” Wafah Bin Ladin, 25, said last week.

NI_MPU('middle');She spells her surname differently from the world’s most wanted terrorist but there is no disguising her family background. “Because of this last name that I have nothing to do with, the western world hates me, and because I’ve chosen American values, the Saudi Arabian world hates me,” the singer lamented.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2006-03/11/xin_32030311134555016342.jpg

http://www.informativos.telecinco.es/imgsed/sobrina_060313_160.jpg

http://www.rollingstonela.com/anexos/imagen/06/498780.JPG

Is she serious? She's gonna try and get famous from the name of the worlds most wanted terrorist? What is the world comming too. Seriously. If you don't want the stigma behind the name then change it completely, not just the bloody spelling you dingbat.

Having said that...she is kinda hot. Wouldn't mind hearing her music. But still...lose the bin ladin. That' just retarded.

Apparently she's getting her own reality tv show. How fantastic. :rollseyes:

Note: Upon further googling she has changed her name. She is now Wafah Dufour.

Weird.

I knew she was in America, but did not know she was trying to be a pop star...I'd seen those photos before in relation to some sort of scandal, and something about her shaming Bin Laden because she dressed that way.

Anyway...SHE'S not the terrorist, so I don't think she should be treated as such...though capitolizing on the name wouldn't be right.

She's kind of damned really. There are so many lunatics out there that it's only a matter of time before someone has a go. I can't see any producers or companies wanting to be associated with her either.

Rob

Yeah. Please don't anyone make this political. That was not my intent. I just think it's kinda crazy that she's even trying to do this.

tmpadmin said:
She should have been on American Idol. Talk about a ratings boost.

could you imagine that!:confused:

tmpadmin said:
She should have been on American Idol. Talk about a ratings boost.

Ironically they have a movie about that coming out. With hugh grant.

Anyways, I watched some news (could have been E!) one day about her doing a playboy spread. She said she has no support for her Uncle and willingly changed her name after 9-11 so she would never be assoiated with him. from what i could gather she isn't trying to ride his coat tells, but rather build her own future with her talent/looks, inspite of her unfortunate lineage. She was raise in the U.S. education system.

It's sad she couldn't stay under the radar with that, inspite of the name change. IMO

I disagree about not trying to ride coat-tails. If she did not have the name Bin Ladin would any of us have ever heard of her?

Dweller said:
I disagree about not trying to ride coat-tails. If she did not have the name Bin Ladin would any of us have ever heard of her?

Exactly. She's not exactly getting by right now on her own merit. Playboy wouldn't have taken pics of her, if they couldn't write the same sad story about how she can't be excepted because of the name.

Same with GQ, and every other article written about her. The only reason anyone knows who she is is because of the name.

Dweller said:

But is she responsible for that? news of alot of things spreads very quickly. After all its us who found it out not her who told us.

I think that if she wants to have a pop career she should feel free to. she's probably crap anyway and will fail miserably. I doubt her stuff will get to England.

Daniel said:
But is she responsible for that? news of alot of things spreads very quickly. After all its us who found it out not her who told us.

I think that if she wants to have a pop career she should feel free to. she's probably crap anyway and will fail miserably. I doubt her stuff will get to England.

If we had known about her before 9/11 then I can understand that. She JUST changed her name.

If I were her, and disagreed so much with what my uncle was known for, I would have changed the name many years before 9/11. Not a few month before my new reality TV show was about to air. The controversy surounding the name is clearly gonna give her a ratings boost.

It's like the Paris Hilton sex tape. If you didn't want the publicity, don't make the tape.

Most reactions

Back