Has anyone had a focus issue like this?

Restomage

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
One of my D700;s isn't focusing as sharp as it should be, the focus is slightly off creating soft photos. I've tried my 24-70 and 70-200 on the body and I get the same results. Half my photos the focus is slightly off. Has anyone had this problem before? If so what did you do to fix it? I haven't tried resetting my camera yet, not sure if that will help. Thanks.

something you just started experiencing? What focus mode are you in, continious or single? What focus area mode, single point? Have you layed out a chart and setup on a tripod to verify where and how much? I think I'd look at doing that.

something you just started experiencing? What focus mode are you in, continious or single? What focus area mode, single point? Have you layed out a chart and setup on a tripod to verify where and how much? I think I'd look at doing that.

I mainly shoot AF-S, single point. I've never had this issue before until a couple days ago.

I don't know why it would start doing this so suddenly, when it worked before :scratch:

You could try adjusting the micro focus adjustment.

I don't know why it would start doing this so suddenly, when it worked before :scratch:

You could try adjusting the micro focus adjustment.

Yes it's very bizarre, how do you adjust it?

Is the AF sensor, under the main mirror, totally free of ALL dust and fibers???

My D300 has a front focusing issue. It's easily correctable with the 'AF Fine Tune' in the menu. I assume the D700 has this feature as well?

I'd recommend downloading this focus test chart and get busy adjusting. (yes it says d70, ignore that)
Nikon D70 Focus Chart

Most reactions

Back