has anyone here shot their own wedding?

I actually did this for my wedding on the beach. We wrote out a list of pictures we wanted taken and let my Dad take the shots. We reviewed the camera (he was experienced, just not with my cam) and list with him and then handed the list off to a friend. It worked for us... but we were very organized and tried to pre-plan everything.

So that would be my advice. If you're interested in having someone else shoot the wedding who isn't a pro pre-plan every last detail. You can always take 2 seconds to sketch out certain shots you want so the person knows how to compose the shots.

Personally, I think one of the bigger values that a pro brings is knowing how to set up a shot and which shots look best. A little pre-planning and creativity should get around that though.

I can take the pics on your wedding if you buy me a ticket to your place and back, and provide a bed... or spare room for a tent... that's all.. and I'll send you a dvd with bunch of RAWs :D

mentos_007 said:
I can take the pics on your wedding if you buy me a ticket to your place and back, and provide a bed... or spare room for a tent... that's all.. and I'll send you a dvd with bunch of RAWs :D

Sure! I'm sure the airfare from poland to fargo, north dakota wouldn't be that much... :er:

actually, just for the fun of it, from Krakow to Fargo at the time of the wedding next year, would be $4390.01 USD

Most reactions

New Topics

Back