Has anyone tested Vista?

EBphotography

TPF Junkie!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Has anyone beta tested Windows Vista yet? I am interested to know how well it runs and how demanding it is on your PC.

i havent, although i'm on a few forums where people have. it's apparently pretty taxing on the gpu and ram, but looks terrific. if you have 1gb of ram and something like a geforce 6200 or above you should be fine, but 512mb ram and a 5200ex are almost below minimum it seems. to run smooth 1gb ram, a fairly new processor (that's a given), and a geforce 6600 (radeon 9600xt) or above should be good.

I haven't tested it yet but i'm still curious about the system requirements...

I've got a P4 2.6, 512 RAM (upgrading to 1.5 or 2gig soon) and 256mb Geforce GPU... am I evil? :lol:

it's terrible! Well put together etc. but it's built around XP so the changes are mainly cosmetic, it uses about 20% more CPU time than XP and offers very few advantages which are just niceties like the per program volume control etc. it's a good feature, just not worth 20% more of my cpu time. Oh, and it cloggs up your RAM, haven't checked the GPU though as I decided that I'd done enough tests to get rid of it without doing more tests.

To sum up, nice to have a play with, terrible as your only OS. Dual boot may not be a bad idea though...

Most reactions

Back