Hate for beginners

Jarrod268

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've seen some of the gripes about craigslist photographers competing with the guy's who use photography for 100% of their income and I do agree with most of those arguments however I've seen other arguments that seemed off base to me. These arguments focused on a hatred for beginners "just because".

I then ran across this last night -

Marc Adamus LIES 2.0 Article: Why Marc Adamus needs to be stopped

I am not very familiar with the guy they're talking about - but couldn't this be anyone starting out in anything? I fly RC planes. I've progressed by learning maneuvers that I've seen other people do and then I've put them together in routines that were my own. One day when I'm good enough maybe I'll invent something of my own but the entire hobby is made up of doing just what I described. Taken the way this guy puts it...I'm a loser RC pilot based on this guy.

What do you guys think? Take the target out of the hit piece and couldn't this describe any new photography to some extent?

Just bringing this up for discussion.

Whining about it on an internet forum about it is one thing. That guy as taken his insecurity to another new level. Making a website about it? LOL. I am starting out, got my first studio key yesterday and i advertise on kijiji, why not, its free advertisement that can reach potential client. I really REALLY feel sorry for him

Last edited:
I find it more annoying seeing established photographers who have been in business for quite a while who produce mediocre photos.

Sad website is sad - just leave it alone and oneday it might die or at least get lost - buried in the sea of the net.

So did the writer take this guys class/workshop and not end up famous or what's the complaint here? I don't really know, don't really care to know but feel better about myself after reading, so thanks for that.

I love these websites. I think they are hilarious. To think that someone is so angry at another person (for seemingly nothing more than having a business) that they feel its necessary to spend the money to start a website defaming them. It takes dedication to harbor that kind of anger. Time and dedication. (not to mention a mild case of the crazies.....) Like bent said, it really makes one feel better about one's self reading tripe like this.

It's real shame when they are taken down due to the ruling of a trade libel suit.

I don't have a clue about what that was about :D

Is the page creator mad at Marc Adams for giving newbeginners inspiration/hope of being a professional photographer?

Photography by Marc Adamus

I liked most of the photos, and i don't understand the hatin'

Yea the account of the parent site has been suspended. Its like the guy stole his first born or something

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I don't have a clue about what that was about :D

Is the page creator mad at Marc Adams for giving newbeginners inspiration/hope of being a professional photographer?

Photography by Marc Adamus

I liked most of the photos, and i don't understand the hatin'

His stuff is kind of surreal with post processing which this guy uses to say he's not a real photographer.

I didn't post it to bring up adamus but to get an idea of what people thought of this guys description of beginner landscape photographers.

Do many think of beginners with regular jobs like this? Aside from wanting to be famous he described me in some ways. I'm pasty white, have a regular job and have delusions of taking great landscape photographs.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Aside from wanting to be famous he described me in some ways. I'm pasty white, have a regular job and have delusions of taking great landscape photographs.

Oh, well I guess we will have to kill you then. Someone will be along shortly.

I still want to know where he got that picture of me taking pictures by the beach...........

If I was Marc Adamus and knew about the website, I'd seriously consider contacting a lawyer and finding out what it would take to bring a liable suit against the people running it.

I'm willing to bet that Marc Adamus created that website to talk a ton of **** about himself for extra publicity.

He's jealous of me for having a regular job and money to blow on freakin sweet photography equipment. I'm jealous of him for have time and money to blow on a crappy hateful LOSER website.

That kind of crap happens in A LOT of different industries... At least as photographers you guys have your work to actually show who's more accomplished. In my industry, we all look the same on paper. I have more skill in my left big toe then most of the people I end up competing against for a job. Can the client see that at first? No. But they usually end up calling me back when they find out the "bargain" wasn't really worth it...

People worry too much about what other people are doing. True professionals will take what the d-bags do, use it to their advantage and re-invent themselves.

Really not sure what the website rantings are all about. I'm not to up on the Landscape photographer's code of ethics... Nor do I really care, since I'm not a pro and not ever planning to be one.... All my photos I take are for mainly for me anyway. I'd rather have something mediocre that I took the time to produce and gave my best effort than something perfect & purchased.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back