Haunted

M

MDowdey

A short drive from where i live, one can find themselves lost in a mass of trees and old torn down houses that are set back so far into the woods that no driveway or path is evident. Now, i want to say that i have never had an opinion on the dead or anything being haunted, BUT i do have a healthy respect for it if it is true. That being said, i got word from some people that this house might be "occupied" by something...

wierdly enough, it was built by my great great grandfather, roughly 1840.

normal_house1.jpg

normal_house4.jpg

normal_house5.jpg

Very scary things, if you look close you can see a pentagram and something spraypainted on the INSIDE of the glass windows..
house12.jpg

normal_house8.jpg

house9.jpg

needless to say, i lost my nerve(not common for me), and i had to turn back around and get out of that place. i did not feel right the whole time i was there. it was too "alone".

any comments?

matt

I like this series, Matt. I get a creepy feeling looking at em! That last one is aweome! I wouldn't want to go in there! :)

creepy! my favorite of the bunch is the 1st one, really simple, but nice DOF and everything.

you should get a few people and go back and try to get interior shots... i'm sure you could get some awesome pics of the rundown place

excellent job i love these shots! now, come on, get back in there and get us some good stuff. they dont hurt; just get a funny feeling when they pass through you :wink:

JonMikal said:
excellent job i love these shots! now, come on, get back in there and get us some good stuff. they dont hurt; just get a funny feeling when they pass through you :wink:

sounds like the tacos i had last night...except they hurt. twice.

anyways, thanks for the comments, but im not going back in there until i start utilizing the buddy system or something..

md

creepy! my favorite of the bunch is the 1st one, really simple, but nice DOF and everything.

Yeah, that.

I'm with you, I wouldn't have gone in there.. I"m a wimp like that.. I would have sent my husband in with the camera :lol:

I really really like the 1st picture, the lines are awesome, and the DOF perfect.

Nice job! I like all of them, but especially the first and last ones. Could the last one be lightened just a tad? I'd like a little more info in the shadows..... a minor nitpick, still a good shot. :D

will965 said:
Brilliant photos, really tell a story. Who or what is "CARANN"?

my thought exactly, i tried to do some research on it. but i came up with nothing...

md

#5 is my favourite! :thumbsup:

spooky! I googled carann and come up with cats.

Pic 3 would have looked much better if you would have shot from eye level. Even some "keystone effects" would have been okay if the entire front of the house would have been included. Sorry, but I always question what the structure looks like from street level...

Aawww Matt!
You get some super shots like that and then wimp out from getting some from the inside? Even if the worst happens they'll find your remains in there sometime so get back there and take some more pics!
BTW, were they taken with your 10D?

I think MrSid has a point. If they do find your remains can I have your camera?

All joking a side... The shots seem hurried and uncomfortable. The location is intriguing!!! I missed the part about the house being occupied by mortals or not. If the residence is vacant the possibilities are limitless. A "google" search will not make the cut. You are going to have to do the research. Bring friends, your teddy bear what ever; just check it out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back