What's new

Haunting/ Creepy Feel

Joined
Mar 26, 2008
Messages
86
Reaction score
4
Location
Clawson, MI
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just started getting into more of the haunting/ creepy feel type photos, thought this was a good first attempt. These are all shots from in and around my family cottage, it is about 115 years old. Comments and Critiques are welcome!

1.
Staircase by wsuwake, on Flickr

2.
Deep Closet by wsuwake, on Flickr

3.
Stale Window by wsuwake, on Flickr

4.
Aged Cottage by wsuwake, on Flickr
 
I love these! I think #2 is my favorite just because it kind of invites your mind to speculate about what may lie within. The third is nice as well, but without a face lurking behind a window pane or something to that effect, it just doesn't feel quite as spooky to me.
 
I got a creepy old farmhouse close to my place as well. Here is a creepy photo of it. To know the story behind the house is even creepier.

The old guy that lived there liked McDonald's, so much that he ate breakfast in a local city on the coast for breakfast everyday and at a different McDonald's inland, had Supper. (He never ate lunch). One day he felt chest pain and went to the hospital and they deduced he was having a heart attack, did the whole heart attack thing at the emergency room and ultimately sent him home. He was convinced that he would never step foot inside a hospital again and about two weeks later was true to his word. Feeling ill, he climbed up in the the old shed off to the left in the photo, and just in front of the window on an old stool, proceeded to put pellet holes in the roof, of course his head was located between the end of the shotgun and said roof. It has been vacant ever since...about 1994 or so...

It is wicked creepy, but not enough to stop me from going inside. I always feel like I am being watched and during one photo shoot could have swore I heard a lady sneeze...and I was the only one in the house. My wife has been inside as well and she later said she got the same weird I am being watched feeling. I have been here before the sun rose to get some great photos of the sun coming up having to hike for an hour in the dark. I have been inside just after dark, and been inside during the day. I have even been in the shed and watched the light filter down from all the pellet holes in the tin roof...yep way creepy.

Up in the upstairs closet however is a kids handwriting underneath some whitewash..."Albert had 15 kids in this house...what do you think of that?" Well I think Albert liked to...thwart child labor laws...what did you think I was going to say? :-) This is a family website afterall. Anyway, super creepy house build in 1800 with a tale to go with it.

 
The first two photos have a creepy and unknown feel to them, but the last one--even though it's altered--doesn't tie in with the series and looks rather mundane and peaceful.
 
The others are OK, but #1 is your winner here, by far. I'd consider lighting some the stairs a bit, but other than that everything works for me. Good stuff.
 
yea, way spooky. wish i could shoot there.
 
Yeah, I have to agree. #2 is the creepiest. I could totally see a zombie coming through that door.
 
Aw, it's just a nice old house and you're trying to make it look creepy. :spank:

Hehehe... I like the photos. The variety of angles in #2 is especially good.
 
Thank you everyone for commenting, I am currently living in the house and going to school for a couple years. It is pretty creepy at times when there is no one around and you hear a noise, makes you jump for no reason. #2 is probably one of my favorite since it makes you think what might be inside, #4 is something I wanted to try, although not creepy, just a vintage feel.

Again thank you everyone for commenting and critiquing!
 
I really like these, I love the texture and the feelings you gave them. #3 is my Fav
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom