What's new

Have a seat.

Pallycow

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 16, 2012
Messages
1,697
Reaction score
520
Location
United States
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My facebook fans are loving this one. Is it really good or is it just FB being FB?

I like the photo...and I shot it for a reason, but I didn't think it was worthy of praise.

620983_595670247113311_126923402_o.jpg
 
Is it really good or is it just FB being FB?
A combination of both, probably. The snow on the bench is really, really cool, which might explain why you grabbed your camera in the first place. Shooting the scene from a little bit higher might've shown more of that cool snow. That being said, this seems like a slightly-failed attempt at a symmetric image (but the problem may still be fixable in post, or maybe you have a more symmetric shot). Also, much like with your red-cup shot, the snow looks gray so I'd up the exposure until it looks almost as white as the TPF background.
 
Yeah, I was metering for +1 and I had ec at +1 and 1/3 and they still came out under exposed on quite a few.

So I still have more practice with snow.

I could fix some of it in post, but really most of these are fun snapshots with the occasional thought involved during my 4 mile trek around town during the storm.

On this one, I liked the way the bench stood out, and naturally the snow on the top was cool.
 
This one I edited to what I would have considered overexposed. Is this more what we are aiming for with snow? I was hoping to keep texture in it, and not have it just blown out white when I was shooting, but it all came out pretty gray.

8316915822_2c95c58519_c.jpg
 
This one I edited to what I would have considered overexposed. Is this more what we are aiming for with snow? I was hoping to keep texture in it, and not have it just blown out white when I was shooting, but it all came out pretty gray.
That snow looks just perfect to me: white as snow, and still with some visible texture.
 
Cool, thanks. Now that I know what it should look like, I have a reference point. lol
 
I played with this one a bit, about all the time I want to spend on it. lol Upped exposure and adjusted tilt a bit. Could not get it all white whithout blowing it out, shadowing in my framing. I would have liked to have it a few degrees higher though. oh well. lol

8315894249_8507b6ddc8_c.jpg
 
Imagine a red apple on that snow laiden bench; as such... hmmm.... i am not much... impressed :blushing:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom