Have D800, Considering D750, Wondering What People Think

you have a d700, correct? Still like it?? if and when you upgrade, what would you choose

D750 or d4. I like the d4 for what it is- a speed demon. The d750 just lacks a AF ON button but I don't use the AE/AL button so I can program that. It's a minor inconvenience. I like the beefier body but it's all good. The 800/810 is kinda overkill for me personally. Although I do wish the 750 had the 700 or 800 view finder. I tried the 610 in the store and it felt fine so if the 750 is pretty much the same with a much more improved AF system, that's what I'm going to go with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410886449.475202.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410886449.475202.jpg

أرسلت بواسطة iPhone بإستخدام Tapatalk

I have the D810. People ask me if I regret not waiting.
No way. The D810 is my perfect camera. the D750 has a few things I don't like.
the D700 to D810 is a smoother transition than D700 to D750.

The best video I have seen on the D750 at this pre-release date. It is supposed to begin shipping on September 23. What makes this video worth watching is that the host and his videographer both have actually been able to SHOOT and USE the D750 in this pre-release phase, since they work at one of Canada's largest camera stores,and are part of the whole world wide web advertising/promotion/propaganda machine.

Their video guy says the D750 is the best of all of Nikon's cameras for video, and even better than the Canon 5D-III for video.

I have the D810. People ask me if I regret not waiting.
No way. The D810 is my perfect camera. the D750 has a few things I don't like.
the D700 to D810 is a smoother transition than D700 to D750.

Yes, the D810 is better in almost all specs.
It looks like Nikon is creating some unique specs for its current FX camera line-up:
  • D610: Lower price for a full frame camera
  • D750: Articulated screen, 6.5 fps in full resolution, -3EV focusing
  • DF: Retro layout and style, native high ISO 25,600 (expandable to ISO 204,800 equiv)
  • D810: Native low ISO 64 (expandable to ISO 32 equiv), realy silent shutter mechanism, SD+CF cards option, no AA/Low Pass filters
  • D4S: Gripped, 11 fps, CF+XDQ cards option, native high ISO 25,600 (expandable to ISO 409,600 equiv)
What else is unique to each one of them?

Their video guy says the D750 is the best of all of Nikon's cameras for video, and even better than the Canon 5D-III for video.

That is a hell of a claim and I'd be interested in seeing samples.

Not asking you to produce them, but I am saying I'd like to see see some head to head comparisons. Nikon has lagged behind for a while now with video so it'd be exciting if they are catching up.

Is the d3x still a production camera ?

Does Canon only have 3 FF bodies? The 1dx, 5dm3 & 6d ?

Is the d3x still a production camera ?

Does Canon only have 3 FF bodies? The 1dx, 5dm3 & 6d ?

The Nikon current line up encompasses 17 DSLRs, 9 of which currently under production (if I'm not wrong). Nikon's USA website is showing the D750 in the enthusiast line-up, as expected, giving the D7x00/D6x0 body kind.

Six DSLRs are show as Entry Level (D3100, D3200, D3300, D5100, D5200, D5300); five as Enthusiast (D7000, D7100, D610, Df, D750); and six as Professional (D800, D800E, D810, D3X, D4, D4S). 17 DSLRs, but only 9 are actually under production right now, if I'm not mistaken (D3300, D5200, D5300, D7100, D610, D750, DF, D810, D4S).

See this:
- http://logimg.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/2014-09_nikon-lineup.jpg
- http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Nikon-Products/dslr-cameras/D-SLR.page

And Canon only has 3 full frame cameras to offer, on its current line up (1DX, 5D Mark III, 6D). Nowadays, Nikon is realy ahead in FF DSLR quantity and in IQ as well.

See this:
- Canon U.S.A. : Consumer & Home Office : EOS Cameras
- Template:Nikon DSLR cameras - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Template:Canon EOS digital cameras - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

--

Dude really? the D800 is a beast and should last you another 5 years before it gets truely outdated.

Stop coveting thy neighbors wife and just be happy with what you have.
I would love a dslr to last me 5 years. I just cant figure out how some folks do that, i burn through its shutter life like there is no tomorrow.

Shutter can be replaced. And what kind of photography do you do if 150k clicks is few for you? I can imagine that it's not many for sport or wildlife (i made about 4k clicks for 2 days paintball cup) but for landscape or all around photography and a non-professional shooter 150k is more than enough. IMHO.

Shutter can be replaced. And what kind of photography do you do if 150k clicks is few for you? I can imagine that it's not many for sport or wildlife (i made about 4k clicks for 2 days paintball cup) but for landscape or all around photography and a non-professional shooter 150k is more than enough. IMHO.
Just casual 8 to 12 hour shoots.

How much does Nikon charge for a fix like that on a pro-body?

Are you professional? I mean and it's just my opinion but a photography style like 'go walk with a dog and make 1000 shots' leads to nowhere.

That is silly. When you come home you will have at least 10 magical dog walking pictures out of the thousands you took, and pretty soon you'll be the winner of a big dslr manufacturer contest and be swimming in millions of whatever the heck Sony gives you for winning. :eagerness:

And Canon only has 3 full frame cameras to offer, on its current line up (1DX, 5D Mark III, 6D). Nowadays, Nikon is realy ahead in FF DSLR quantity and in IQ as well.

that's what I thought. I'm always amused when statements are Nikon doesn't have enough FF offerings.
They may have the "spread" a little mixed up but you can't change an entire line up overnight. And even then, I think they offer the most FF mass produced cameras.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back