Have D800, Considering D750, Wondering What People Think

Well...I dunno, Rosy. I would say you need to physically pick up a D750 and a D810 and handle them, and see how well you can literally SEE through the camera's eyepiece. If you need eyeglasses, or shoot with them on, the viewfinder's visibility is a big, big deal. At least it has been for me for 30 years. If I can SEE through the camera well, really well, I can shoot better. THis has always been true for me, and the viewfinder image quality in the D700, and the D600, and the D7000 is not good for me, and my eyeglasses. I cannot see the edges of the frame without needing to move my head around, so I end up cropping off feet alllll the fricking time on a camera with a small, squinty viewfinder. WHy? MY eye is 3/4 of an inch behind the eyepiece, so a camera with the bigger, better viewfinder system is my preference.

The other parts of the D750/D810 equation are all amply good. But if you can SEE through one camera significantly better, I think that makes that camera "a better shooter".

Hi guys, new to this site/ forum but really like the conversation.

I have also been thinking of an upgrade soon from D7000 to full frame but never thought about looking through view finders to see if the camera fits me, Thanks darrell.

I like the D800/810 and the D750 seems to me like a nice choice however don't want to change twice in short succession.

Hope to read more on this as I'm sure your reviews and expertise will push me in the better direction.

Thanks in advance, Matt

... oh and sport's events
D810 is 5 fps
D750 is 6.5 fps (or is it 6 ?)

I like the specs of both the cameras myself. though comparing the FPS of the old d700/d300 I was expecting a faster fps rate.

If I had the money I'd buy both .. one for landscape/deep space the other for sports.
but .. no $$ means neither.

What do I think? I think Oswald killed Kennedy. But I think the aliens made him do it. I do think we went to the moon, but all that Apollo spacecrafty stuff? Faked. They actually used a 54 Buick skylark and a really big rubber band.

As for the cameras? Personally I'd wait a bit and see how the D750 does in the field before making any plans to change.

Dude really? the D800 is a beast and should last you another 5 years before it gets truely outdated.

Stop coveting thy neighbors wife and just be happy with what you have.

I was about to go off on you, then I realized it was runnah and I rolled my eyes. :lol: Says a lot.

What I have doesn't really fit my needs. It's fine enough. It's just not the camera I wanted.

Well...I dunno, Rosy. I would say you need to physically pick up a D750 and a D810 and handle them, and see how well you can literally SEE through the camera's eyepiece. If you need eyeglasses, or shoot with them on, the viewfinder's visibility is a big, big deal. At least it has been for me for 30 years. If I can SEE through the camera well, really well, I can shoot better. THis has always been true for me, and the viewfinder image quality in the D700, and the D600, and the D7000 is not good for me, and my eyeglasses. I cannot see the edges of the frame without needing to move my head around, so I end up cropping off feet alllll the fricking time on a camera with a small, squinty viewfinder. WHy? MY eye is 3/4 of an inch behind the eyepiece, so a camera with the bigger, better viewfinder system is my preference.

The other parts of the D750/D810 equation are all amply good. But if you can SEE through one camera significantly better, I think that makes that camera "a better shooter".

What's wrong with the d700 viewfinder aside from not being 100 % coverage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Derrel
I still can't get this forum on my droid (phone and tablet) and now at work
WHY? I can't switch to google chrome at work
Does it mean I have to work????

Dude really? the D800 is a beast and should last you another 5 years before it gets truely outdated.

Stop coveting thy neighbors wife and just be happy with what you have.

Preach brotha! [emoji119]

What's wrong with the d700 viewfinder aside from not being 100 % coverage?

For me nothing

I love my D700
love it!
I just wanted an opinion on the D810 vs D750

For me nothing

I love my D700
love it!
I just wanted an opinion on the D810 vs D750
I mean Derrel. Sorry lol

I was about to go off on you, then I realized it was runnah and I rolled my eyes. :lol: Says a lot.

What I have doesn't really fit my needs. It's fine enough. It's just not the camera I wanted.

You realized it was amazing advice and took it to heart I assume?!

If you remain indecisive for a couple more years then you can compare the d760 and d820 :)

I mean Derrel. Sorry lol

you have a d700, correct? Still like it?? if and when you upgrade, what would you choose

Most reactions

New Topics

Back