Have you done business with them??

Double-J

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am considering to purchase a Canon 20 D body from J & K Cameras out of Brooklyn NY. I found an ad of theirs in one of my magazines and they have a killer deal on the camera body. However, I am not comfortable purchasing and item this big by phone and them being 1600 miles away if I have a problem with the camera. My question to all of you is, have any of you done business with this company? Were your experiences good or bad? Do they stand behind their product if there is a problem? Any info would be helpful in making my decision. Thanks Double J.

Ask them what would the total be when the strap, box, booklet, S&H etc are included ;).

I would ONLY trust names like B&H, Ritz Camera or Adorama. Adorama has a link at the bottom of this page.

If it sounds too good to be true...it probably is. I hear that there are quite a few unscrupulous camera dealers based out of NYC...

I tried to look them up at www.resellerratings.com but could not find a listing.

Stick with the established stores if you are buying on-line.

Don't do it it's a bogus scam. Here's a link to their listing on the better business bureau: http://www.bbbnewyork.org/businessreports/Default.aspx?id=12849
20 complaints!!! That's a lot when you consider how much money you are going to spend. I almost made this same mistake and a short time back. You may have to pay more, but at least you are assured that you are getting a good, reliable camera with warrantly. Some friends of mine just purchased a camera from a place like this, and are having all sorts of problems and it came without a warranty.

$799 is nowhere near an accurate price for that camera. If you want to spend that or close to it, wait for the digital rebel XT. It will probably be $899-999 body only when it comes out. All the same features as the 20D with a cheaper build and smaller buffer.

My brother lives in Brooklyn. I could ask him to scope out the store for any sketchy-ness if you'd like. Just let me know. :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back