have you used model mayhem?

Lol, yes locally that's true. It gets a little more interesting around the Wichita Wildlife area.. and east towards the Ozarks.

I also get the opportunity to travel. With photography a big part of my life now, that travel will be used for that purpose.

gosh I'd love to see the ozarks. we kinda drove right past them when i moved from florida to cali a couple years ago and WOW.

I feel like I'm running out of friends and neighbors to shoot.. so I'm creating an account on MM. Curious if others have used this? Anything good/bad to say? I see a lot of ummm.. trash on there. :lmao: I am pretty modest and think I may have a hard time finding models to work with who will see eye to eye but we shall see!

Just because a girl is willing to get naked doesn't mean she isn't willing to keep her clothes on too. If you have something unique or useful to offer, there will be models willing to work a little to get it. Being a female and letting them keep their clothes on makes it easier to find models. Unless times have REALLY changed ;-)

Lol, yes locally that's true. It gets a little more interesting around the Wichita Wildlife area.. and east towards the Ozarks.

I also get the opportunity to travel. With photography a big part of my life now, that travel will be used for that purpose.

gosh I'd love to see the ozarks. we kinda drove right past them when i moved from florida to cali a couple years ago and WOW.

I've lived in Arkansas as well .. the Ozarks really are beautiful .. and if you hike them on foot there are so many great chances to set the camera up on a tripod.

EDIT: Do be careful in that area.. years ago Oklahoma introduced mountain lions in larger numbers in hopes that it would reduce the coyote population.. but it failed miserably and we ended up with a higher mountain lion population as well... many have moved to areas like the Ozarks. I had a somewhat close encounter with one up there. Fortunately it just watched me and moved on. Haha

Last edited:
I use MM frequently; it's a great resource for subjects, especially when you want to experiment with a new idea. There is a high flake factor; I typically get responses from about 1/3 of the contacts I send out, and of those maybe 1/2 will actually show up. As mentioned, don't expect experienced professionals (regardless of what their profile says); of the last half-dozen or so that I've shot, only one even knew what a 'Z' sheet was. That said, you generally do get someone who is willing to stand there and do what they're told, at least for the most part. I've never experienced the "dating service" aspect that a lot of people mention (probably just the good taste of the models I use), but I think by looking at their portfolio and reading theri profile, you can usually get a pretty good idea of what they'll be like.

Went to college in Lawton, so to me wildlife is on a Thursday night at the club when you mix drinking college kids and Army guys getting their first break after basic. ;)

or a sheet with a huge z on it. that was my best guess. lol

my google findings were not really helpful but im assuming its a sheet covering every angle of the model maybe? like photos of each angle.

Most reactions

Back