Having a break

Al-Wazeer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
4230517653_6c1cd65009_b.jpg

C&C are appreciated.

I really like the casual portrait. You caught a good moment good detail, lots of story and feeling come with this picture.

IMO, the background would profit from being a little lighter so we can get a better look at what he is doing. Also I would move him more off the center and crop some get away from that light distraction on the right. The vertical antenna cuts the pic in half so I would burn it down a bit and then clip off the top so it doesn't lead to the margin.

Quite a nice photo.

I'd agree with The Traveler on the image, it's one I'd be quite pleased with myself, though I'd love to see him glancing toward the camera even if only with his eyes. Just out of curiosity, whereabouts on the island did you find him?

I think i have to disagree with the traveler on this one. I think the picture being lightened like you did is WAY to distracting. In the op's picture my eyes are drawn directly at the old man smoking where as in the other picture my eyes are looking at all the stuff around him first.

Just my .02.

Great picture though!

Josh

Al Wazzer's original picture is way more artsy and creative looking. The lightened picture is more telling and better for the purpose of documentation. It all depends on what one is trying to get across. I don't think there is a clear right or wrong here.

I really like the casual portrait. You caught a good moment good detail, lots of story and feeling come with this picture.

IMO, the background would profit from being a little lighter so we can get a better look at what he is doing. Also I would move him more off the center and crop some get away from that light distraction on the right. The vertical antenna cuts the pic in half so I would burn it down a bit and then clip off the top so it doesn't lead to the margin.

Quite a nice photo.

Thanks for taking your time on editing it. But I find that the background a bit distracting of the main subject, the man. Because it doesn't actually show what he really does "he's a shoe repairer". Thank you for the comment and thanks for the edit, it's nice to see other people's point of view.

I'd agree with The Traveler on the image, it's one I'd be quite pleased with myself, though I'd love to see him glancing toward the camera even if only with his eyes. Just out of curiosity, whereabouts on the island did you find him?
Thanks Chris for you comment. He could be found in the old Manama souq.
I think i have to disagree with the traveler on this one. I think the picture being lightened like you did is WAY to distracting. In the op's picture my eyes are drawn directly at the old man smoking where as in the other picture my eyes are looking at all the stuff around him first.

Just my .02.

Great picture though!

Josh
Thanks Josh for your comment!

Al Wazzer's original picture is way more artsy and creative looking. The lightened picture is more telling and better for the purpose of documentation. It all depends on what one is trying to get across. I don't think there is a clear right or wrong here.
Thanks Chip, glad you like it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back