conradtan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
2566020118_7c46e3ef09.jpg

2565195475_622bf139e2.jpg

2566020086_966fc208cc.jpg

Very lucky capture and well done getting such clear and sharp shots!
was the bird traveling far with his kill or was it just a short flap away from the killzone?

Very lucky capture and well done getting such clear and sharp shots!
was the bird traveling far with his kill or was it just a short flap away from the killzone?

Thanks! I actually had the WRONG lens on for this. I was going to shoot a landscape shot with my 24-105mm when I heard a commotion in the bushes. He and his dinner were about 30 feet away. He killed the rabbit before I got there and was standing on him in pic#3. Then he flew away with it in pics #1 and #2.

Amazing shots!

I have a pair of hawks that bring their kill into our yard to eat. I hate when they bring the rabbits in.

Thanks everyone! I also have some pictures of the hawk dropping the rabbit on the ground, and another one of the poor dead fellow. But I figured no one really want's to see that.

I would like to see the other shots, first three are amazing

That rabbit got OWNED!

No I'm kidding, anyway great capture!

I love the first shot best. :thumbup:

that awesome. The only times a saw a hawk grab a rabbit was when i had the rabbit on a rope and pulling it behind me (was a dead rabbit btw) Did that too train a hawk to use for hunting.
Really a thrilling sight to see, i cant imagine to see it in the wild like that. And you captured it very well too :)

Wow, how much did you sharpen those images? Where they really blurry or something?

Its a cool shot.

I used ACDSee Pro 2 to sharpen them the default: threshold - 10, radius - 5, and amount - 100. It has always worked for me. The images were a bit blurry for sure. Haha! Only the right location at the right time with the right gear at the wrong settings. I was shooting landscapes with my 5D at the time with my 24-105mm set to JPEG and full saturation as it was a grey, cloudy day.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back