Raj_55555

Indian God of Photography
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rajarshiphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yesterday it rained heavily in Kolkata, and I decided to go out with an umbrella and my camera hoping to find some unique shots. Other than the hilarious slip of the elephant, here's another one I thought you guys would enjoy.
These hawkers are found everywhere during the summer in front of the zoo selling these straw hats to visitors for protection against the harsh sun. This guy for some reason was selling them in the heavy rain, and even managed to find a customer. Some sales skills, selling ice to the eskimo and all! :lol:
I couldn't resist clicking a shot.

14341870993_25916b9b88_b.jpg

Hey Raj...desperation is the mother of invention...so rain or shine, he used his sales skill to make money. Cute really. When I was in India I concentrated on food...not photography...:blushing:

If you're just sharing, then I'm glad you post photos in non nature and wildlife section ;) and I would like to see more of you shooting on streets (never been to India, wanna see!!!)

I would so buy one of those hats. And wear it! Great shot Raj.

Nice to see some street shooting Raj. Try to watch the feet or ankle chops but otherwise you seem to have a gift with more then just wildlife good for you. Nice Job and hope to see more street work from you.

Hey Raj...desperation is the mother of invention...so rain or shine, he used his sales skill to make money. Cute really. When I was in India I concentrated on food...not photography...:blushing:
How about that! Everyday I find someone here on this forum who has actually seen much more of India than I have :lol: Which food was your favorite BTW, and where?

If you're just sharing, then I'm glad you post photos in non nature and wildlife section ;-) and I would like to see more of you shooting on streets (never been to India, wanna see!!!)
Your wish is my command! :D I'll try my best to capture the daily lives of people around here, maybe I'll give my old village a visit some time, it's been a while :)

I would so buy one of those hats. And wear it! Great shot Raj.
lol.. Most of these guys make these on there own and it's amazing how cheap they sell these for. These will cost you anywhere from 50 cents to a dollar, depending upon your bargaining skills :)

Nice to see some street shooting Raj. Try to watch the feet or ankle chops but otherwise you seem to have a gift with more then just wildlife good for you. Nice Job and hope to see more street work from you.
Thanks David, your words mean a lot :)
I know that I'm not that good at street photography yet, and it's very awkward for me to try and shoot people without asking them. But once you ask, the natural expressions or the candid moment is not there any more. I was heavily inspired by Lews work, and really never even considered people as a subject before that :lol:. I'm practicing my ninja skill and hopefully I'll improve over time :)

If you're just sharing, then I'm glad you post photos in non nature and wildlife section ;-) and I would like to see more of you shooting on streets (never been to India, wanna see!!!)
Your wish is my command! :D I'll try my best to capture the daily lives of people around here, maybe I'll give my old village a visit some time, it's been a while :)
Good morning Raj!
That's very nice to hear at the beginning of my day :sexywink:

Good morning Raj!
That's very nice to hear at the beginning of my day :sexywink:
A very good morning to you too Maria.. :)
Early in the morning, and here we are browsing TPF. :lol:
I like to check TPF over my morning coffee. My working day starts at 7am so I need a bit fun to wake up... before I actually start doing some real work.
Monday morning, coffee, TPF, and now I'm off to a regular long Monday meeting... see you after :)

Neat!! India is without a doubt my favorite place in the world for street-shooting, and I would love to go back and see much, much of it!

Neat!! India is without a doubt my favorite place in the world for street-shooting, and I would love to go back and see much, much of it!

Thanks John, is there anyone on this forum who hasn't visited India? :lol: You're welcome anytime here John :)

Thanks John, is there anyone on this forum who hasn't visited India? :lol: You're welcome anytime here John :)

Ya. Me. So I to would like to see it through your eyes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back