Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.gsgary.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
One from last weekend and my first ever roll of Agfa APX100

Scan-130819-0011-XL.jpg

As you (probably) know, im really pretty "blah" on B&W, so i don't often comment on B&W photos. (if you don't have anything nice to say....)
So, having disclosed my natural dislike for B&W....
I really really love this shot.
it is crisp, the building is beautiful (especially the clock tower), and the towers reflection in the water with the ripples was captured oh so perfectly.
the sky in the background offers a wonderful contrast.

I suppose if i were FORCED to nitpick anything here, it would be the amount of foliage in the foreground.
since i am assuming you are NOT the groundskeeper there.....there probably was not much to be done about it.
very nice shot.

APX out of date ? I have one bulk roll still in the freezer, by now must be 5 years over. I hope you used Rodinal on this film. Picture itself looks like rich in detail, with typical for APX tonality. (At least I was getting the same from it.)

Besides what positive things have been said, I like the way the foliage frames the shot, especially the water. Even the "errant" foliage on the upper right help blend the sky and foliage a bit in a pleasant way.

Really, really nice image. You can practically count the bricks in that old building - not to mention the darkish leaves in the center of the frame. Wonderful shot, nice processing with lovely tonal range.

I still have a roll of this stuff in the darkroom fridge, not yet 3 years over.

What was your processing here? :)

As you (probably) know, im really pretty "blah" on B&W, so i don't often comment on B&W photos. (if you don't have anything nice to say....)
So, having disclosed my natural dislike for B&W....
I really really love this shot.
it is crisp, the building is beautiful (especially the clock tower), and the towers reflection in the water with the ripples was captured oh so perfectly.
the sky in the background offers a wonderful contrast.

I suppose if i were FORCED to nitpick anything here, it would be the amount of foliage in the foreground.
since i am assuming you are NOT the groundskeeper there.....there probably was not much to be done about it.
very nice shot.

Thankyou very much

APX out of date ? I have one bulk roll still in the freezer, by now must be 5 years over. I hope you used Rodinal on this film. Picture itself looks like rich in detail, with typical for APX tonality. (At least I was getting the same from it.)

For a change this is new film over 2 years before it is out of date,got 20 rolls for my holiday in 3 weeks time
and yes i used Rodinal

Really, really nice image. You can practically count the bricks in that old building - not to mention the darkish leaves in the center of the frame. Wonderful shot, nice processing with lovely tonal range.

I still have a roll of this stuff in the darkroom fridge, not yet 3 years over.

What was your processing here? :)

Thanks terri, i used Rodinal 1+50 for 13 minutes 20 deg

Sounds about right
I guess you still have APX made by Agfa. I heard, that someone restarted production of APX100 and 400. ADOX ?

Beside that, Gary, did you get interested in Eastman Double X Negative ?

Besides what positive things have been said, I like the way the foliage frames the shot, especially the water. Even the "errant" foliage on the upper right help blend the sky and foliage a bit in a pleasant way.

Cheers, for this shot i have to walk down someones drive

Sounds about right
I guess you still have APX made by Agfa. I heard, that someone restarted production of APX100 and 400. ADOX ?

Beside that, Gary, did you get interested in Eastman Double X Negative ?

I not sure if this is the new version but i still like it very much, i would love some double X i have found a place in the UK that sells part rolls of film stock so here hoping

i would love some double X i have found a place in the UK that sells part rolls of film stock so here hoping
:thumbup: This film will suit you perfectly. Best classic emulsion I've ever seen, although I never push it beyond ISO 500.

to me is all seems flat as if there's was no dimension captured.

Most reactions

Back