Haystack Rock

mobius121

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here is a couple of photos I took during the summer at Haystack Rock in Cannon Beach, Or. It was a beautiful and romantic evening there. I thought I was going to be the only one there but as soon as the sun was on the horizon photographers came out of the wood work. It was very difficult not to get in anybody's way as well as keep others out of the shot. I wish I had a worthy tripod because I am sure they would have looked wonderful in HD. Perhaps the first days of my honeymoon will be there next summer ;)

Sun_Setting_Haystack_Rock_by_adamsi.jpg

Sunset_at_Haystack_Rock_by_adamsims.jpg

12 MP versions can be downloaded free without the watermark at Hotfile.com: One click file hosting and Hotfile.com: One click file hosting respectively.

As always critique is very welcome! Please enjoy!

Nice pics, really like the colors in no.2. With that said the watermark is too distracting.

Lol nobody would download them if there wasn't a watermark ;) Come to think of it...no one has downloaded them anyway :( Yeah I was blessed with fog in the distance which attributed to that wonderful orange color. Again, I wish I could have done HDR, but sadly I didn't have a tripod that would work. Thanks for the compliment!

Dunno if you're shooting digital or not or if you have the capability, but shooting RAW will allow you to do HDR.

Dunno if you're shooting digital or not or if you have the capability, but shooting RAW will allow you to do HDR.

I do shoot in raw, but could I do HDR with only one photo? I never worked with RAW before, sadly don't have the software yet.

Yes you can. Using the RAW software, you can set the exposure to any you want, specifically +2, 0, -2 and then save each as its own picture and then proceed from there in the HDR software.

Use PhotoMatix and you can set your exposure on that program.

Wow, great shots. I prefer number two because of the sky. But as said the water mark is distracting.

Good Work! :thumbup:

I love the sky in 2!But I find that the small rocks on the left are distracting because I personally think that the big rock is the focal point,you should try and just shoot the big rock alone because the big rock itself is I think,already a very strong focal point.
PS,come to think of it,the small rocks are quite strong alone as a subject

well, technically "the conventional definition of HDR involves the process of creating an image with a higher dynamic range than your camera's sensor. You must combine more than one image to achieve a dynamic range that exceeds the technical capability of your camera's sensor. When you have one exposure of a subject the dynamic range is neither high nor low, it simply is. You can not create data that was never there. While there is more dynamic range available with a RAW image, a single RAW image can not exceed the dynamic range of your camera."

Thanks everyone for the tips on HDR! I will have to try it out. Maybe someday I can afford photomatix ;)

Thanks lamergod for the tip on composition. I have a problem with looking at just the big picture and miss the little things that can make a great photograph ^^

As always, thanks everyone for your comments!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back