HDR driven

Love how the trees on the right, the road, and the grass on the left look. I would try to get just a little more detail out of the clouds and maybe lighten them up a little at the top left.

I'm curious why you chose this photo to HDR. It's a nice photo, but it's a road. There are a lot of distractions ranging from your car to the sign to the telephone pole to that tree to the stuff in people's yards. Even with a great color range, I'm still going to need a subject and a reason to explore it.

Quick question. When you bracket your exposures, what EV step are you using? I know I read somewhere to use the greatest that your camera would allow, but I went out and took some pics yesterday, and I used EV step of 2, I'm just wondering if that's too much...

I'm curious why you chose this photo to HDR. It's a nice photo, but it's a road. There are a lot of distractions ranging from your car to the sign to the telephone pole to that tree to the stuff in people's yards. Even with a great color range, I'm still going to need a subject and a reason to explore it.

The light was nice, it was a interesting road. I enjoyed the scene. I felt HDR would add the the overall effect.

Quick question. When you bracket your exposures, what EV step are you using? I know I read somewhere to use the greatest that your camera would allow, but I went out and took some pics yesterday, and I used EV step of 2, I'm just wondering if that's too much...

I usually just bracket one stop over and under. Most times when I've done 2 stops I seem to get a lot of noise.

dom - I gotta admit, there is something unsettling about the shot to me... I like the idea you can see the steering wheel / etc... and the HDR is just fine... but... since it's a neighborhood of sorts... I just get a creepy feeling looking at it... I like the idea, I just don't think the actual neighborhood does it for me... I think a more open road would really give it a better feel IMHO

dom - I gotta admit, there is something unsettling about the shot to me... I like the idea you can see the steering wheel / etc... and the HDR is just fine... but... since it's a neighborhood of sorts... I just get a creepy feeling looking at it... I like the idea, I just don't think the actual neighborhood does it for me... I think a more open road would really give it a better feel IMHO

I'll re shoot once I get back to Arizona. Lots more open road down there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back